* Prices may differ from that shown
In our office, we've been using this Canon Xeed SX6 for a solid 2 years now. It was installed on our conference room for use during meetings. Every time we had our meeting, we enter charge hooking our laptops to it and doesn't encounter much problem at all. The automatic input detection system of this device works well with different brands of laptops as well as computers.
Some very excellent functions that comes with this piece of equipment (from it's manual) which I found very useful are as follows :
1. Auto set-up Function, allows you to install the projector easily by automatically adjusting focus and keystone distortion.
2. Off and Go function. This means that you can immediately carry this projector right after each use for safekeeping because its fan keeps on rotating for a while even if the power cord is detached from the electrical outlet. The unit has an internal charging unit the keeps the fan running for a period of time in order to adequately cool the lamp to avoid damage.
3. Compact and easy-to-use remote control. All functions of this device can be access through a durable wireless remote control. I've drop it several times already (I wonder how many times it drops during its entire usage) and still it perfectly do its job very well.
4. Smooth and Beautiful Imaging Capability. Canons unique optical engine coupled with it LCOS (Liquid Crystal On Silicon) and its incorporation of AISYS assure the perfect and smooth images, very high brightness and high contrast ratio.
5. The weight is less than 5kg.
6. Super Silent operation. Even in a very tense situation or that moment where all of the meeting attendees suddenly stops talking and keep quite and just stare at the projector's screen, after the boss speak..LOL. We barely notice the noise this projector produces.
7. High Quality resolution. The projector can support up to 1024 by 768 dots. Pretty good for power point presentations.
8. High-powered 1.7X zoom Lens. This may come outdated for today's projectors but still can support a very clear 100 inch image output when place at a maximum distance of 5 meters.
9. Automatic functions. It's zooming capability also comes with an auto-focus function. Also have auto vertical keystone and auto wall color correction as well as auto input function.
10. Home Cinema Mode. Sometimes we watch video presentations and use this projector for our video conferences with full clarity like a full-scale movie. You can clearly see the other person's face and reaction to every issue tackled during a conference call/meeting.
11. Until now the units functions very well for 2 years now and still under warranty (at 3 years warranty). Lamp which is a very common problem for projectors is still working at its best. I have barely notice any change of its brightness, contrast, focus and resolutions.
And after 2 years of continuous usage of this projector, the only thing I observed is the fading of its color and some scratches brought by carelessness. Otherwise, the projector works perfectly well.
It may not be the best in its class (if compared to today's upgraded versions) but I don't think this piece of equipment will be replaced with new one for another 2-3 years to come.
The XEED SX6 uses LCOS panels with virtually no gaps between pixels, to faithfully project seamless images. With native SXGA+ resolution (1400 x 1050 pixels), it produces precise, sharp images - text and graphics are clearly rendered.
The XEED SX6's ultra-bright 3500 lumens ensure that projected images are bright and clear, even in well-lit rooms or large venues. Canon's Advanced AISYS optical system optimizes the projector's light path, achieving powerful output from a compact, lightweight chassis.
Solving the contrast limitations of traditional LCOS projectors, AISYS yields a high 1000: 1 contrast ratio for rich, deep color tones and true blacks in dark areas. Incredible detail is provided throughout the entire image.
In Quiet Mode the XEED SX6 is near-silent - fan noise is reduced to just 31dBA, so your presentations are not interrupted by an irritating background whir. The double frame-rate drive of LCOS panels ensures smooth reproduction of moving images, without distracting flicker.
With a motorized Canon 1.7x wide-angle zoom lens, large images can be projected from a short throwing distance, giving flexibility in projector placement. The lens is powered so that it can be operated from the control panel and remote control handset. The lens coating prevents ghosting and flare.
The XEED SX6 can be set up with minimal effort. With Auto Focus the projector detects its distance from the screen and focuses accordingly. Auto Screen Color Correction adjusts settings for optimized viewing on different screen colors. Vertical Keystone Correction is set automatically, preventing trapezium distortion of the image. The SX6 will also automatically detect which input port is in use.
The SXGA+ resolution also ensures faithful reproduction of High Definition sources (720p/1080i). The DVI port (Digital Visual Interface) provides the best possible image quality from digital sources, including HD images. The SX6 supports the HDCP standard, allowing high quality playback of encrypted digital content. An optional Network Adapter enables control of the projector via an Ethernet network.
The XEED SX6 supports both the Adobe RGB and sRGB color space, for accurate color reproduction from compliant image sources.
|Product Description:||Canon XEED SX6 LCOS projector|
|Device Type:||LCOS projector|
|Resolution:||SXGA+ (1400 x 1050)|
|Native Aspect Ratio:||4:3|
|Lens Shift Direction:||Vertical|
|Bulb type:||NSH 270 Watt|
|Video Input:||RGB, S-Video, composite video, component video ( NTSC, SECAM, PAL, PAL-N, PAL-M, NTSC 4.43 )|
|Digital Video Standard:||Digital Visual Interface (DVI)|
|Video Modes:||720p, 1080i|
|Speakers:||Speaker(s) - integrated|
|Power:||AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )|
|Power Consumption Operational:||355 Watt|
|Dimensions (WxDxH):||26.6 cm x 33.6 cm x 11.4 cm|
|Manufacturer Warranty:||3 years warranty|