In the entertainment business, the projector you use plays a huge role in your final performance. Hence, picking the right one is very crucial. The studio I work with has sourced the NEC P501X since a few months now. And my personal experience is that it is a good economical option.
It has a premium data image quality. And a fairly moderate video output. However, the stylish and smooth design will impress you and fit right into your system. It is fairly economically priced, which makes this projector a great value buy option.The 1.7x zoom, helps you catch detail and enjoy a premium experience. The build quality isn't that great, and is quite average and to be fair in the modern era the no 3D support is quite a let down. Though the vertical lens shift surely gives this projector the edge in terms of putting down its competitors. I'd recommend this for home and professional use, if your looking for a bright zoom and good image option, and have external audio options to cover up for its down sides.
Here are the Fluffy Specs, Pros & Cons for the NEC P501X:
- Resolution: XGA (1024 x 768)
- Display Device: 0.63" LCD w/ MLA
- Brightness: 5000 normal / Eco = approx. 60% of normal mode
- Keystone Correction: Manual +/- 30°
- Projection Methods: Front, Rear and Ceiling
- Inputs: VGA 15-pin D-sub, HDMI w/HDCP x2, USB A type, RCA, S-Video, L/R RCA (shared by video sources), 1/8 in.
- Outputs: 1/8 in. stereo,
- VGA: 15-pin D-sub
- Speaker: 16W
- Audible Noise: 37 dB normal / 30 dB eco
- Weight: 9 lbs.
- Dimensions: 15.7 x 11.1 x 4.5 in
- 1.7x Zoom
- Moderate Video Output
- Premium Data-Image Quality
- Vertical Lens Shift
- Economical Price
- Efficient Performance
- Stylish & Smooth Design
- Moderate Audio Quality
- Moderate Body Build
- No 3D Support
Fluffy Rating: 4/5 (Selectively Good Option!)
Final Fluffy Verdict: It offers a bright image, excellent data-image quality, and a capable audio system, plus conveniences that include a 1.7x zoom lens. A great value buy option
I Hope this review helps you :)