Newest Review: ... bar. I double checked all the information and decided to print the e-mail off to take with me just in case as there was a booking number o... more
Ice Bar London
Absolut Ice Bar (London)
Member Name: abyznw
Absolut Ice Bar (London)
Advantages: Fun and a bit different
On a trip to London to see some friends, I decided to take them to the Absolut Ice Bar - a bar that is largely made of ice! (situated at 31-33 Heddon Street, Mayfair).
I pre-booked tickets at £12.50 per person, (I would recommend booking as it was very busy when we got there, and it costs more to pay on the door).
For the price you get about 20 mins inside the ice bar and a free drink.
When we got there we got a very pleasant reception, and once our names were ticked off the guestlist (how vip!), we were ushered into the hall area and provided with big blue anoraks that had white fluffy hoods to keep us warm! We had to wait for about 5 mins to wait for the earlier group to come in, but then we went into the famous ice bar!
We were in a group of about 20, so it was a little cramped and there was quite a queue at the bar. On arrival we had all been provided with a token for one free flavoured vodka drink, (I think they were about £8 each after that, but I didn't get anymore). I chose apple flavour and it was delicious! It came in a glass made of ice, and the drink itself glowed in the dark!
As the name suggests, the decor was made of ice! There were ice tables and benches as well as ice sculptures. It was pretty dark, but this just made our neon drinks stand out more!
The bar men were friendly and chatty, though we did feel a little like cattle when we were ushered out again!
My overall experience of the ice bar was a positive one, but I can't say I'd go again. I think it's more of a one off thing - something to say you've done, and take some cool pictures of, but not really worth a repeat. It was pretty expensive to spend 15 mins stood in the cold, and the drinks after your free one were extortianate!
Summary: A good one off experience
More reviews in the field of Pub / Bar National
- Refusal of service at Beachy Head Vintage Inn
- Stay away! It's AWFUL
- THe Red Lion - slow service but great food and friendly staff!
- Best Club in Sheffield
- Lovely Time had by all!!!
- A pub from the dark ages serving glorious food
- Nice little pub with great food!
- The Bridge House - Belfast
- Amazing Food Amazing Value
- Sail Away or Drop Anchor?
- The Britannia Inn (Northampton)
- The Railway Hotel (Lytham)
- Black Bull Inn (Midlothian)
- The Crab and Dragon Pub (Camberley)
- Popworld (Liverpool)
- The George Abbot (Guildford)
- The Trout Inn at Tadpole Bridge (Faringdon, Oxfordshire)
- The Sutton Park Hotel (Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands)
- The Bishop Vesey (Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands)
- Missing Bar (Birmingham)