Newest Review: ... - they have recently upgraded the big screen for the footie. The previous one was a tad faint and was not best positioned. They've... more
my 2nd lounge
Ball Inn (Sheffield)
Member Name: superguinness
Ball Inn (Sheffield)
Date: 15/11/00, updated on 17/11/00 (55 review reads)
This is indeed my local pub. I guess I'm a bit biased but I think it is also the nicest pub I know.
Its a great pub due to the following reasons:
1. The beer - there is a wide choice of guest beers, as well the usual quality draught beers which are always available, such as Marston's Pedigree, Castle Eden, Boddingtons, Tetley, a choice of lagers (not what I'm into personally), Murphy's, and of course Guinness and Guinness Extra Cold (my favourite).
2. Big screen - they have recently upgraded the big screen for the footie. The previous one was a tad faint and was not best positioned. They've now moved it slightly and got a quality projector. There are also two other TV's in the pub so you don't miss any of the action.
3. Pool tables - there are two and its 70p a go. They are at the far end of the pub so you tend not to get disturbed by people passing by.
4. Clientelle - it's a fairly young crowd that seem to go there; a mixture of locals and students / nurses / teachers / doctors and such like.
5. Quiz nights - yes they have a couple a week, but they are not too intrusive.
6. Decor - it's got a rustic theme to the pub with wooden floor boards throughout.
7. Bar staff - there always seem to be a enough behind the bar to get served reasonably quickly (or maybe they just see me coming!)
8. Benches outside - ideal for sitting out in the summer and watching the day (and the occasional white Astra GTE with massive bass) pass by.
9. Atmosphere - ITS LIVELY !! (or at least it can get lively by about 10pm).
10. There's no food available (wide range of snacks - my current favourite is the mini chedders with onions), but not to worry as there is the renowned Indian Chef restuarant directly across the road (this is Bobby Knutt's favourite eating place). They even let you take your beers across.
Have I missed anything out ?