Newest Review: ... I rang, to enquire about disabled access and types of meals likely to be available, the service was excellent. Plus the chance to downl... more
Saxon Mill comes up trumps!
Saxon Mill (Warwick)
Author Name: Paul Harrison
Saxon Mill (Warwick)
Advantages: Quality of food
Disadvantages: Bit chilly in early January
A special birthday meal out for a lady 'of a certain age' needs some planning and restaurant selection. Had I known it was a Harvesters-type place, we wouldn't probably have gone. However, from the moment I rang, to enquire about disabled access and types of meals likely to be available, the service was excellent. Plus the chance to download a voucher in advance to buy cheaper wine - always welcome. The starters were superb, although the pigeon starter was no more, but a chicken and bacon dish was very tasty, as was the soup of the day and the stilton and pear pie. An aperifit of G+T (Bombay SApphire too) was tasty. The main courses were ribeye steak - cooked to perfection for me as medium rare, plus one of the fish dishes with fennel - kept us all busy and happy. The starters arrived quickly, and the main within 45 minutes of us arriving. Washed down with a £22 bottle of Chilean Rosť costing only £11, the entire meal was super. THe dessert menu looked very appealing, but we were stuffed! Final bill was £90 for 3 people, pre dinner drinks, bottle of wine, starter and main each. Would heartily recommend.
Summary: Worthwhile experience
More reviews in the field of Pub / Bar National
- HO HO HO -NO NO NO
- NYE 2010 at Revolution Wilmslow: Flat Champagne All Round
- Northamptons only trendy pub!
- Typical Wetherspoons (Sticky floors and full of students and drunks) I love it
- Vintage Inns disappoint again - what happened to this fabulous chain? The Beagle ...
- No cats on the menu here, thankfully!
- Not sure the Queen would be impressed
- Well located pub in the capital near to the Tower of London and Tower Bridge
- Sounds like something from 'Wind in the Willows'
- A bit of a Kameleon?