Newest Review: ... The apparent mince meat was more like paste - cheap, there was no flavour and there was a layer of oil and grease to get through first!!!... more
Lovely Time had by all!!!
Ship Inn (Caerleon)
Author Name: Debbie
Ship Inn (Caerleon)
Advantages: Excellent food, well priced and stocked bar....pleasing/friendly staff with friendly locals, xx.
Disadvantages: 1 little thing, you had to ask peeps to move to get to the loo"Please excuse me" thats all it takes!
I telephoned the Ship Inn at approx 5:30pm and asked if I could reserve a table for 6:30....Yes, said the kind young lady on the other end of the phone, we arrived 15 minutes late but still the table was available and it was right next to the wide-screen (we wanted to watch the match Barca and Man Utd) We ordered a round of drinks, didn't have to ask for a bucket for my wine (which normally I do, in other places) Ordered our starters and they arrived piping hot and were very nice!!! They were very busy and the place was buzzing with real nice friendly people. They never once rushed us into ordering, we took our own pace which is very important to me, I dislike profusely having to be rushed into my main course. When we did order the main it took approx 15/20 minutes which, in my opinion is very good considering they were so busy!! When our meals arrived I was amazed they were delicious, I ordered Sea Bass with Rissoto/Cheese (fantastic) my daughter ordered Lasagne and she enjoyed every bit of it!! There were 5 in our party, and they all enjoyed their meals. And I truly believe that the price of each meal is based on what you ordered, good quality food piping hot and fresh!! We travelled from London to visit my daughter (who is studying at the Uni near by) and her boyfriend who lives in Newport.....had a little chat with some of the locals, and a cheeky chappy who was trying to chat me up,and kissed my hand real gent!! Thank you very much to all the staff at the Ship Inn for making our evening a most pleasurable one, especially mine because Man Utd LOST, grrrrr!!! Hope to see you all soon one day. Yours sincerely,Debbie and guests, xxXxx.
Summary: Summing up.....GREAT EVENING!!!
More reviews in the field of Pub / Bar National
- Memorable Visit
- Literature's Inklings
- How to break the smoking ban liquid style!
- Fancy visiting somewhere which is great for drinking Guinness and a National Tru ...
- Stay away! It's AWFUL
- THe Red Lion - slow service but great food and friendly staff!
- Best Club in Sheffield
- Nice little pub with great food!
- A free film, pint and a pose for Monday night!
- Don't leave London without going to Gordons
- The Britannia Inn (Northampton)
- The Ship Inn (Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire)
- The Blind Beggar (London)
- The Captain's Table (Saundersfoot, Pembrokeshire)
- Temple Bar Inn (Amroth, Pembrokeshire)
- Wiseman's Bridge Inn (Saundersfoot, Pembrokeshire)
- The Wheatsheaf Inn (Onneley)
- The White Hart (West Sussex)
- The Anglesey Arms (West Sussex)
- The Stag (Ascot)