Newest Review: ... a relatively new discovery of mine, having only found it early this year by chance. Inside it's spacious, and satisfies all the student's n... more
One of the best places for live football in Brighton
Member Name: richslaw
Advantages: Drinks offers, pool, live sport, capacious
Disadvantages: Food's a tad expensive
There's a lot of pubs in Brighton, so those that look for the big business have to differentiate themselves from the crowd.
Smugglers is a relatively new discovery of mine, having only found it early this year by chance. Inside it's spacious, and satisfies all the student's needs for a pub. Pool tables, drinks offers during the week, football, and even games consoles. It's become our new venue of choice for big sports games primarily because of the large pull down screen, and due to the availability of 3D football upstairs - which yes, is a gimmick, but it's cool to watch. The pool tables are of good quality, and there's plenty of room to find seats if you arrive in good time. Perhaps the only gripe is that food is a little expensive, but this can be avoided by getting the nosh in elsewhere before or after, and concentrating on drinking at the pub!
Summary: Well worth a look in
More reviews in the field of Pub / Bar National
- Disappointing - not worth the hype!
- 2 very different experiences, can be great depending what you're looking for
- Reasonable Value for Leicester Square
- Hard Rock Cafe - Definitely worth an encore!
- A MIX OF POSITIVES AND NEGATIVES
- Not Much Going For The Rose and Crown
- Not worth the effort
- GLAD WE HUNTED THIS OUT-The Fox and Hounds
- I couldn't disagree more, Hadleigh Boy ...
- Game On