Product Type: Asda Ready Meals
Newest Review: ... These were sold as party snacks but as far as I'm concerned they are just long chicken nuggets of the lowest quality. I cooked them... more
This Chicken Has Goujons That Taste Like Nuggets
Asda Breaded Chicken Goujons
Member Name: janharper
Asda Breaded Chicken Goujons
Advantages: None unless you like cheap chicket nuggets
Disadvantages: Greasy, poor flavour, too hard, lacking chicken
I should have been suspicious when I saw these chicken goujons in Asda for just £1 for twenty but I got caught out once again.
Chicken goujons are, as far as I'm concerned, pieces of chicken in crumbs, batter, or whatever but I really don't think these had ever been anywhere near a chicken, unless it was the beak, the feet, or the entrails.
These were sold as party snacks but as far as I'm concerned they are just long chicken nuggets of the lowest quality. I cooked them in the oven at 200 degrees for 15 according to instructions but I couldn't eat them.
They were hard and tasted of artificial flavourings of all kinds, not chicken. They ended up as supper for the dog.
I have to admit that I am not fan of chicken nuggets anyway, unless they are made from proper chicken pieces and these things certainly are not.
Yes, they are cheap if you can stomach them but if you stop to think just what might be mixed in with minimal amount of chicken, it can be quite off putting.
I certainly wouldn't serve these at a party and was pleased that I discovered just how horrible they tasted when I was just serving myself. The dog approved but we all know what they eat...anything!
Each one of these has 3.4 grams of fat and 56 calories. That's a lot of fat for what is supposed to be chicken.
In my opinion these did not taste of chicken and the coating was dry and too hard once cooked. They were also quite greasy to eat.
I would not recommend these unless you are used to eating very cheap chicken nuggets. They are certainly not something I would serve up as party food.
Summary: I would not serve these as party food, or buy them again. They are cheap but taste cheap too.
More reviews in the field of Ready Meals
- Just heat and (don't) eat
- Quorn Mature Cheddar & Broccoli Escalopes - Delicious healthy option
- Nice, but is it nice enough?
- Good effort but flawed
- Lovely vegetarian comfort food for the cold weather
- Asda Smart Price Beans and Sausages
- Pizza crackers more like.....
- Quorn Chicken-less nuggets
- A real alternative to The Hut
- Dalepak Corned Beef Crispbakes
- Sainsbury's Chicken Curry Flavour Instant Noodles
- Trattoria Verdi Lasagne
- Tesco Value Cheese & Tomato Pizza
- Somerfield Minced Beef & Onion Roll
- Knorr Spaghetteria Penne Aglio Con Erbe
- Knorr Vitamin Plus Farfalle With Spinach Sauce
- Knorr Spaghetteria Spaghetti Carbonara
- Knorr Spaghetteria Quattro Formaggi
- Knorr Spaghetteria Pomodoro Mozzarella