Product Type: Cauldron Ready Meals
Newest Review: ... on the shelves as being theres as soon as you see it. In the packet you get 8 Falafels which are balls about half the size of a golf b... more
My favourite vegan food to nibble on.
Member Name: AwesomeForrest
Advantages: Great taste, healthy, vegan.
Disadvantages: Can be expensive.
Having recently became vegan I got rid of a load of things for myself and stocked up on various different foods I hadn't tried before in order to sample what it is that I want to bring in to my new diet. You will see a selection of the items in the reviews I do in the future.
The packaging for the Cauldron Falafel's I purchased was slightly different to that shown in the picture it was all dark green with an orange/brown writing on and some white writing. It's not strong and eye catching but I definitely like the design and it's consistent through the whole Cauldron range so you do recognised the product on the shelves as being theres as soon as you see it.
In the packet you get 8 Falafels which are balls about half the size of a golf ball and they don't look too dissimilar to a scotch egg. They are prepared and ready to eat straight out the packet which is perfect for a quick snack on the go but you can heat them in the oven which only takes around 10 minutes.
My personal favourite way to eat them is to heat them up and spread some hummus in a warm pitta bread and then crumble the falafels inside and have it as a yummy healthy vegan sandwich.
The taste of the Falafel in regards to flavour you definitely straight away notice it's an Indian style of food and it doesn't taste miles different to the flavour in an onion bhaji. The texture can be quite dry and fluffy almost like a very light breadcrumb on the outside but it is a lot more crumbly on the inside and full of flavour. I would recommend having it like I mentioned before with hummus or maybe another dip because alone it can be quite dry but not so much that you wouldn't want to eat it, just more pleasant with something to accompany it.
Nutritional Information -
Serving Size: 100 g, Calories: 257, Fat: 11g, Carbs: 30g, Protein: 6.2g
I paid £2.00 for my packet of 8 from Tesco which is quite expensive and I plan to try making my own but as a snack that you're not eating regularly it's definitely a nice treat.
Summary: Great tasting vegan food for a snack or part of a meal.
More reviews in the field of Ready Meals
- Delicious Moroccan cous cous
- Keep your skin on!
- Iceland make surprisingly good pizza - and it costs only £1.
- Mum's gone to Iceland for the first time!
- Boring beef curry!
- WeightWatchers smash the mash!
- Tesco Finest Dairy ... Fine by me
- might be "chosen by you" but i wont choose this one again !
- Birds Eye Rice Fusions - great idea, great price!
- Quorn Chicken-less nuggets
- Tesco Finest Teriyaki Beef Noodles
- Uncle Ben's Rice Time Ready Meals
- Inzersdorfer Stuffed Dumplings With Sauerkraut
- Knorr Hüttensnack Cheese Spaetzle
- Inzersdorfer Wellness Small Slices Of Chicken With Rice And Vegetables
- Inzersdorfer Viennese Sausages In Goulash Gravy
- Inzersdorfer Veal Goulash
- Asda Deep Pan Spicy Barbecue Chicken Pizza
- Little Green Lunch Bag
- Quorn Garlic & Herb Fillets