Product Type: Granovita Ready Meals
Newest Review: ... iron, vitamins and minerals, phosperous and zinc and if you buy this particular brand which is organic you are getting high amounts of th... more
Member Name: cools952
Granovita Organic Fairtrade Quinoa
Advantages: Protein/Fibre Rich
Disadvantages: Bland taste
If you haven't tried it before, Quinoa is a highly nutritious protein rich seed which is also high in fibre. It is a simple food to prepare and can be eaten either plain or seasoned depending on the meal. All that is required is for the seed to be placed in to a pan and boiled in water for around 15 minutes before it is ready to eat.
Quinoa is a useful option to add in to salads or pilafs and is a vegetarians delight! That being said, I enjoy eating it with cajun spiced diced chicken breast and vegetables for a truly tasty treat!
Quinoa is mainly available in two varieties - Red Quinoa, which is generally only available from specialist health shops (Holland & Barrett etc) or plain Quinoa more widely available in most major supermarket chains (Asda, Sainsburys etc). Both tend to retail between £1.50-£3.00 so make sure you shop around!
Men's Health magazine recently rated Quinoa as one of the staple ingredients of the ultimate healthy meal comprising of - Quinoa, Chicken Breast and Avocado, so nip out and get some today!
Summary: A nutritious and Healthy food source
More reviews in the field of Ready Meals
- Veggie Hotdog Sausages That Taste Better Than The Meat Ones!!!
- Pilau Rice ....... worth going that extra mile for !
- Heinz Spaghetti Hoops
- done in minutes
- Wheres the Pesto
- Tasty and crispy Curly Fries.
- Quorn bacon - or as we call it faken!
- Personalised Pizza Prepared with Precision!
- ~ * Better Than I Thought...* ~
- Chicken in a minute (or six!).
- Inzersdorfer Lentils With Bacon
- Inzersdorfer Pork Cutlet With Mushrooms And Vegetable Rice
- Inzersdorfer Mexican Bean Stew
- Inzersdorfer Meet Balls With Pasta In Tomatoe Sauce
- Inzersdorfer Lasagne
- Burger King Sweet Chilli Chicken Royale Meal
- Sainsbury's Basics Sausage Rolls
- Asda Special Chow Mein
- Dr. Oetker's Ristorante Pizza Pollo
- Batchelors Beanfeast