Product Type: McCain Ready Meals
Newest Review: ... I like him to for my own benefit! BUT when I get to chose my meal choices, it's a Smiles dinner all the way! Side of baked beans, maybe ... more
A tasty treat
Member Name: olliamelia
Advantages: tasty fun
I am a big fan of Mcains smiles. I personally buy them from farmfoods where they cost £1, they are also available in most supermarkets for around £1.30 for a 454g bag which equal around 25 smies. Smiles are a basically shaped mashed potato with a crispy outer coating and are shaped into smiley faces. I remember enjoying these as a child and I suppose some of my fondness comes from pure nostalgia. They come in a red bag with pictures of smiles on the front and the Mcains logo.
I use these smiles in the place of chips with most foods. I am currently trying to lose my baby weight and these are great, a portion of 6 smiles come in at just 160 kcals. I cook my smiles in the oven and they take around 20 minutes. You can also fry or grill them. I find the mashed potato comes out lovely and fluffy and the coating is golden. I think they are delicious.
Recently I have had to start to buy more of them as my 1 year old is currently enjoying them a bit too much. They are brilliant for her as she can suck the mashed potato out. Obviously not something she has everyday but they are one of her favourite treats. I prefer her eating these to chips as they are lower in salt and sugar.
All in all I think these smiles are great and something everyone should try. I thoroughly recommend them for children and adults alike.
Summary: greatf or adults and kids
More reviews in the field of Ready Meals
- A Little Taste of Pizza Express At Home
- Uncle Ben's Hit the Spot - Rice Time Yummyness!
- Melting Wedges!
- Old El Paso enchiladas - mmm,,I'll paso these around the table!
- Smart Price Chicken Nuggets
- How to replicate fast food in your home
- Flavourless and disapointing. Steer clear dieters
- Morrisons' 'Prepared In Store' Range of Pizzas - Fresh and Tasty
- Vegetable rights and peace
- I'm talking Italian!
- Felix Stuffed Peppers
- Felix Chili Con Carne
- Knorr Spaghetteria Panna E Prosciutto
- Knorr Spaghetteria Pasta Ai Funghi
- Knorr Spaghetteria Pasta Alla Panna
- Knorr Spaghetteria Pasta Alla Parmesana
- Knorr Spaghetteria Pasta Asciutta
- Crazy Jack Ready to Eat Soft Fruit Dates
- Crazy Jack Organic Soft Dried Apricots Ready to Eat
- Crazy Jack Organic Soft Prunes Ready to Eat