Product Type: Pizza Express Ready Meals
Newest Review: ... open. The colour scheme is simple; white and blue and the branding is clear. There's the Pizza Express logo on the right hand side which is... more
Restaurant Quality Pizza For A Fraction Of The Price.
Pizza Express - American Pizza
Member Name: graceyyxx
Pizza Express - American Pizza
Advantages: Tasty, good price on offer.
Disadvantages: Expensive off offer.
Me and my girlfriend are big fans of Pizza Express' range of pizzas at the supermarket, however they're pretty expensive so it's not something we enjoy too often. Shopping at Tesco last week we picking up a Pizza Express American Simple Pepperoni Pizza for £2.50 instead of the usual £5 so it's a really good buy.
The pizza comes in a square flat dark blue box with a rectangle section cut out and covered in film so you can see the pizza inside. On the box we're promised "Thinly sliced pepperoni and creamy mozzarella cubes on our original tomato sauce". Each pizza is handmade and this is very apparent when you take it out of the box, the pizza isn't as uniform as many of the other supermarket pizzas. The pizza is generously topped but the mozzarella cubes and pepperoni do need a little rearranging so that they're evenly spread. Then it's simply drizzled with olive oil and popped in the oven at gas mark 6 for 10 to 12 minutes, I find it takes a little longer though but that's just my preference to have it nice a crispy.
On tasting the pizza we were very impressed, we'd never eaten this variety before but found it just as good as the Pizza Express pizzas available in their restaurants. The base is lovely and thin, it's very tasty and perfectly seasoned and you can really tell it's handmade. The base is topped with a lovely, rich tomato sauce which isn't too overpowering and has a lovely taste of basil. The creamy mozzarella contrasts with the slightly spicy pepperoni and the whole pizza works really well together topped off nicely with a sprinkling of oregano.
Nutritionally the pizza isn't great, per 1/3 of the pizza there is:
4.9g of which sugars
6.4g of which saturates
In all honestly the pizza is a decent size, but it's definitely manageable between two so these values will be even higher. It's a nice treat though and a lot better for you than most take away pizzas.
Overall, I cannot recommend this pizza enough, it's very tasty as well as being easy to cook and is just as good as in a Pizza Express restaurant, and who doesn't enjoy pizza in front of the tele? The price is ridiculous though if the pizza isn't on offer, and although we might buy it every so often it wouldn't be a regular thing for us as it's too expensive.
Summary: 4/5 a delicious pizza but too expensive when not on offer.
More reviews in the field of Ready Meals
- A roll with meatballs in
- Quiche on a diet? Or not worth the calories?
- Ainsley Harriott Cous Cous
- Watching the calories?
- One of the tastiest low calorie meals ever!
- Quorn bacon - or as we call it faken!
- Personalised Pizza Prepared with Precision!
- Eating lasagne and watching your hips at same time!
- ~ * Better Than I Thought...* ~
- Inzersdorfer Gemüse Küche Cream Sauce With Peas And Young Carrots
- Inzersdorfer Gemüse Küche Cream Sauce With Mixed Vegetables
- Inzersdorfer Gemüse Küche Mix With Beans And Corn
- Conte Decesare Peeled Tomatoes
- Inzersdorfer Chicken In Sweet Paprika Sauce
- Old El Paso Original Smoky BBQ Fajitas
- Marks & Spencer Pasta with King Prawns & Tomato
- Asda Fresh Tastes Chicken & Bacon Salad
- Bannisters Farm Cheese & Smoky Bacon Potato Skins
- Iceland Cheese & Onion Pizza