Product Type: Pizza Express Ready Meals
Newest Review: ... available in supermarkets so I don't have to wait until I visit the restaurant! Bonus! So what are Dough balls? The dough balls are exa... more
Pizza Express Dough Balls
Member Name: alfiepeaches
Pizza Express Dough Balls
Advantages: cheap, filling, great tasting, good garlic sauce
Disadvantages: always need more because they are so good!
After being introduced to Pizza Express a few years ago and going on about how amazing the dough balls were my mum saw these in Tesco at half price and bought them for me as a nice little surprise. They come in a plastic bag in a plastic box with a large pot of garlic sauce in a plastic container. The box contains 16 which is enough or two to share of for two meals for one person. They are very easy to cook, just put them in the oven for 4-6 minutes and then serve them up with the garlic sauce provided.
The dough balls are not quite as good as in the restaurant which is to be expected but they are very close and still delicious. I eat these as a mini starter for myself or as a sneaky afternoon snack. They go really well with the garlic sauce provided although I often find the sauce is a little oily most times and there is always far too much for me (although it's not enough for some people!) but I often save the sauce for another meal. The sauce is very well made and the taste of garlic is not weak either which is a great plus.
Overall the dough balls are great but I personally think they should be kept in the restaurants as many other brands have dough balls on offer that are just as good for a shop bought item however the garlic sauces provided are never as good!
Summary: great tasting but not the same as being in the resturant!
More reviews in the field of Ready Meals
- Easy peasy cheesy pasta!
- Pizza Express Pizza
- ASDA create your own pizza - Much tastier and cheaper than a takeaway!
- The Quest
- Ginsters chicken & bacon pasty - More like potato pasty!
- Spaghetti Rings
- My favourite of all the quiches
- Perfect for Spaghetti Bolognese
- A Taste of my Childhood, Revisited
- A childhood memory revisited - with unpleasant results
- Inzersdorfer Cevapcici With Rice
- Inzersdorfer Cabbage With Meat And Potatoes
- Inzersdorfer Braised Beef In Onion Sauce With Pasta
- Inzersdorfer Beef Roulades With Pasta
- Inzersdorfer Beef Cutlet In Cream Sauce With Pasta
- Asda Pasta Snack Pot
- Sainsbury's Minced Beef Filled Yorkshire Pudding
- Marks & Spencer Thai Green Chicken Curry
- Findus Minced Beef Crispy Pancakes
- Birds Eye Fish Fingers Hint of Lemon