Product Type: Quorn Ready Meals
Newest Review: ... including sausages, chicken-style pieces, mince and ready meals. I bought the Quorn bacon-style rashers from Waitrose, they cost £2... more
Quorn Bacon Style Rashers - Totally Tasty
Quorn Bacon Style Rashers
Member Name: spidystrider
Quorn Bacon Style Rashers
Advantages: Healthy and cruelty free
Being a vegetarian, I was delighted when Quorn appeared on the market. There is now a huge range of Quorn products and more are appearing all the time.
What is Quorn?
All Quorn products are made with mycoprotein, which is a high quality vegetable protein. It is naturally low in both fat and saturated fat and also has zero cholesterol.
Quorn can be cooked in a similar way to meat but it is much quicker to cook.
Quorn's Bacon Style rashers are great and have a light smokey flavour, which is very tasty. For best results, they should be cooked from frozen. I like to fry mine and this only takes 2 minutes on each side but they can also be grilled for an even healthier option.
One of my favourite lunch time snacks is a bacon sandwich, but you could do so much more with them. I have also chopped them up and added them to pasta or as a topping for pizza.
I have to admit that Quorn's Bacon looks nothing like the real thing, but as a vegetarian this suits me just fine. Each rasher is long and rectangular in shape, with a salmon pink colour to it. It does have a 'made by human hand' look about it as it is very uniform in shape and size.
Quorn is quite expensive and supermarkets do have their own variations of the most popular Quorn products. I personally prefer to stick to Quorn though because the taste is far superior.
To sum it up Quorn Bacon Style Rashers are a tasty alternative to the meat variety. They are far healthier, cruelty free and I love them.
Summary: Tasty healthy product and not only for veggies
More reviews in the field of Ready Meals
- Sainbury's Curries Favour with a healthy option.... (sorry)
- The things you win in a raffle!
- Better than takeaway
- It IS fairly SMASH-ing!!
- I like my chicken a little tamer
- Asda Smart Price Beans and Sausages
- Pizza crackers more like.....
- Quorn Chicken-less nuggets
- A real alternative to The Hut
- Sainsbury's Super Naturals
- Tesco Vegetarian Bean Burgers
- Knorr Meisterkessel Chili Con Carne
- Knorr Huttensnack Traditional Noodles
- Knorr Hüttensnack Cream Spaetzle
- Knorr Hüttensnack Cheese Spaetzle
- Inzersdorfer Wellness Small Slices Of Chicken With Rice And Vegetables
- Asda Summer Fruits Frozen Mix
- Heinz Hidden Veg
- Aldi Pizza Bageuttes