Product Type: Quorn Ready Meals
Newest Review: ... on top. These can be grilled, oven baked, microwaved or barbecued. I have only ever cooked these in the oven, I never cook things like... more
Quorn Lamb Style Grills
Member Name: rojm
Quorn Lamb Style Grills
Date: 17/04/12, updated on 03/11/12 (130 review reads)
Advantages: depends if you like
Disadvantages: depends what you don't like
I first tried these years ago and wasn't too keen although my husband thought they were ok. I have since tried them recently and still think the same.
These come in a pack of two in a plastic tray with a cardboard cover which states the nutritional and cooking information.
When taken out of the pack you can see the 'grill marks' on these and the mint and rosemary herbs on top.
These can be grilled, oven baked, microwaved or barbecued. I have only ever cooked these in the oven, I never cook things like this in the microwave as I don't think they cook well or maybe I overcook them, I'm not sure.
I haven't grilled them because I feel I have to keep my eye on them more and can't just walk off and leave them like I do in the oven.
At first I cooked these as the instructions told me - place on a baking tray and place in the oven. I found that they were tough and hard by cooking them this way. It might have been that I overcooked them the couple of times I did it like this. I found it better to wrap in them each in tinfoil and then place on the tray and cook; this way they always seem to be quite soft.
The reason I am not keen on these is that I don't like mint sauce and that is to me what the herbs on top taste like and smell like. When cooked in the tinfoil the texture is good and without the mint they would probably be a favourite of mine but this is an individual thing, my husband quite like the taste mint taste.
The grills are low in calories, only 97 per grill, (I so wish I loved these).
They can be bought from the chiller part of some supermarkets for around £2.39
If you like mint sauce they are worth a try.
I have give 3 stars as I know they are good but they are not my favourite.
More reviews in the field of Ready Meals
- Tasty, filling and low in calories...what more could you want!
- Pizza that would make Mario himself proud!
- A taste of Italy in your home....
- Nearly as good as pizza hut, delish!
- Get Stuffing!
- The Best of Both Worlds for Beans
- South of the border, down Mexico way
- Pizza's for a pound!
- Crispy Beef.
- A taste of Mexico from home.
- Maggi La Pasta Di Broccoli Cheese Sauce
- Knorr Vitamin Plus Penne With Vegetables
- Knorr Vitamin Plus Penne In Pepper Cream Sauce
- Knorr Vitamin Plus Noodle-Shells With Onion Sauce
- Knorr Vitamin Plus Maccaroni With Cheese Sauce
- Tesco Southern Fried Chicken Wrap
- Tesco Meat Free 4 Vegetable Quarter Pounders
- Country Store Frozen Raspberries
- Country Store Steam Peas, Carrots And Sweetcorn
- Country Store Steak Cut Chips