Product Type: Quorn Ready Meals
Newest Review: ... also a good source of dietary fibre. It is naturally low in fat and saturated fat. Quorn is a versatile product that can be used to crea... more
Quorn Southern Style Burgers
Member Name: jensterc
Quorn Southern Style Burgers
Advantages: Tastyier than i had expected
Disadvantages: Burgers quite small
I'm not really a huge fan of the Quorn products, while they do seem to be the market leader of the big veggie brands, I have always found the food a little bland and not very tasty. Every now and then I'll try one of their new offerings as some of them do look really appealing but more often than not I am disappointed by the flavour.
At the weekend, we had some fab weather and spur of the moment we decided to have a bit of a BBQ as we probably won't have another this year. I sent my husband to the supermarket to pick up the food and also asked him to pick some kind of veggie offering for me. Now I didn't give him any idea what not to or what to get but I was a little disappointed when he came home with a pack of these Quorn Southern Style Burgers. They would not have been what I would have selected at all as I didn't think breadcrumbs on a BBQ would be a sucess but I tried to not let him see my disappointment.
I believe he bought the burgers from the frozen vegetarian section in my local Sainsburys and they cost £1.49 for a 252g pack which contained 4 burgers. These burgers are basically a veggie take on your standard chicken burger and I believe this variety are easily available in all your major supermarkets.
Ok so on the BBQ they went and as always the veggie food was ready way before the meat. I put my burgers in a soft white bread roll and added lashings of good old tommy k. Now I was really hungry so I did wolf them down, but do you know what I actually really enjoyed it. They had a very pleasant flavour and were really well seasoned and actually had a slight spicey kick which I quite enjoyed. These burgers were a really pleasant suprise for me and I would definately buy them again.
Summary: Quite yummy
More reviews in the field of Ready Meals
- Quick, Simple and Tasty
- Beautiful Biryani
- Tasty Basic
- Not as good as the takeaway.
- Easy rice.
- Iceland Curly Fries - Guess what there only £1 from Iceland....
- It's what's for dinner!
- Lightly Spiced but not great behind the door!
- Tesco potato waffles - Stop wafflin' and tuck in!
- Yummy Savoury Eggs from Quorn
- Knorr Vitamin Plus Penne In Pepper Cream Sauce
- Knorr Vitamin Plus Noodle-Shells With Onion Sauce
- Knorr Vitamin Plus Maccaroni With Cheese Sauce
- Knorr Vitamin Plus Farfalle With Spinach Sauce
- Knorr Spaghetteria Spaghetti Carbonara
- Sainsbury's Basics Thick Sausages
- Sainsbury's Pepperoni Snack Pizza
- Sainsbury's Aloo Saag
- Sainsbury's Chicken & Cashew Nuts
- Tesco Value Macaroni Cheese