Product Type: Sainsbury's Ready Meals
Newest Review: ... bright yellow packet which doesn't look massively appealing, although the picture on the packet does. Once opened, the dried noodles are qu... more
Member Name: nykied
Sainsbury's Chicken Curry Flavour Instant Noodles
Advantages: Cheap, cheap, cheap
Disadvantages: Not enough, didn't absorb water evenly
As I like Supernoodles and I'm trying to live on a smaller budget at the moment, I thought I'd give these Sainsbury's Instant Noodles a try (chicken curry flavour). At less than 20p a pack, why not? I won't go through all the cooking instructions as they're on the packet, but suffice to say, they take about three minutes to cook.
They're in a bright yellow packet which doesn't look massively appealing, although the picture on the packet does. Once opened, the dried noodles are quite scrawny-looking and not curry yellow as might be expected. They're also quite hard to break up, which is essential with these as, once cooked with the flavouring, they could easily stain clothes, and bit of the dried noodles fly everywhere (Even dogs don't like dried noodles!).
~The Cooked Product~
Once cooking, these smelled really nice, with a strong curry fragrance. They didn't, however, taste as strong. I liked this as I'm not a fan of hot spicy food, but if you're expecting a tandoori-type taste, don't bother with these.
To eat, they were quite lacklustre. There were bits that appeared not to have sucked up enough water and bits that had sucked up more than their fair share. They weren't in any way gloopy or clumpy though, as I sometimes find that the leading brand can be. I didn't feel that there were enough noodles to keep me from feeling hungry until dinnertime, but then I'm greedy! I would need to eat something else alongside these for a main meal.
These were okay. Not bad, not good. Nowhere near as nice as the leading brand and certainly the worst of the major supermarkets' own brands. I don't think I'll be getting them again, but for 20p they were okay.
Summary: Only if I was starving, had 20p to my name and was near a Sainsbury's
More reviews in the field of Ready Meals
- A nice shop brought pizza
- wonder where the beef went : birds eye beef roast dinner
- Perfect rice - fast!
- Not a reason to shop at Morrisons
- At Last - Quorn Beef Pieces!
- First beef equivalent I have seen!
- TOM ATO TOMARTOE and a kissing of Mozerella.
- Yummy in your Tummy
- Quick And Easy Mexican Meal
- Probably the worst Chicken Kiev ever
- Inzersdorfer Chicken Ragout In Sweet Pepper Sauce And Dumplings
- Inzersdorfer Cevapcici With Rice
- Inzersdorfer Cabbage With Meat And Potatoes
- Inzersdorfer Braised Beef In Onion Sauce With Pasta
- Inzersdorfer Beef Roulades With Pasta
- Country Store Frozen Raspberries
- Country Store Steam Peas, Carrots And Sweetcorn
- Country Store Steak Cut Chips
- Schwartz Cajun Wedges
- Schwartz Onion & Chive Wedges