Product Type: Tesco Ready Meals
Newest Review: ... is given along with advice on how to cook it and contact details for Tesco are given. The packaging of this is informative enoug... more
Mild prawn curry!
Tesco Prawn Curry With Rice
Member Name: xxfoxyredxx
Tesco Prawn Curry With Rice
Advantages: A good sized meal
Disadvantages: Bit bland for me
Recently I have been packing as I'm leaving my old flat for a bright an shiny new one. Its hard work moving especially when you consider how filthy the new flat is and so food and cooking is the last thing on my mind! Saying that though a girl has got to eat so although I know its not exactly healthy eating I have been purchasing alot of foods that simply go in the microwave and are done in minutes.
The box the meal comes in has a photograph of the curry on the front of it and we are told that it is Tesco Prawn Curry With Rice and that it contains no artificial preservatives, flavours or colours an that it cooks in 11 minutes from frozen in the microwave, there is an at a glance nutritional chart stated and the weight of the meal is given which is 400g. On the back of the box other information listed includes ingredients and allergy advice, nutritional information is given along with advice on how to cook it and contact details for Tesco are given. The packaging of this is informative enough and the meal itself comes in a black container with a see-through peel off lid to the top of it.
The Meal Itself:
The meal is of good size and as I have mentioned in one deep black container and to cook it you can either cook it in the oven for 45-50 minutes or in the microwave for between 9 1/2 - 11 minutes. I cooked mine in the microwave for about 10 minutes and when it came out it was piping hot and appeared cooked through.
Half of the container is filled with white rice. This rice is very plain in flavour, well cooked through but rather flavourless and it doesn't taste one bit seasoned to me. The rice isn't soggy or anything however the bit that meets the curry in the middle does go soggy and mixes in with the curry which I don't appreciate. The curry is a light orange colour, smells like curry and is smooth really apart from the prawns. Its again mild in flavour with a hint of coconut and garlic to it. The prawns are tiny, pink and again well cooked though there isn't very many of them, they do taste fishy and are not at all rubbery.
For me this this is a very plain in flavour curry and although it contains red chilli's I can't taste any heat at all however if you like a really mild curry this could be just the ticket for you!
Nutritional Information Per Meal:
Only available in Tesco stores costing £1.30 a meal.
Summary: So so and ready in minutes
More reviews in the field of Ready Meals
- mmm.... Fish Fingers and Chips
- Really rich and creamy - not for the faint hearted or those on a diet!
- Full of flavour
- A Taste of Morocco.
- The WORST pie i've EVER tried.. free veins included
- McCain's Rustic Oven Chips - Less guilt costs you flavour...
- How to replicate fast food in your home
- Flavourless and disapointing. Steer clear dieters
- Morrisons' 'Prepared In Store' Range of Pizzas - Fresh and Tasty
- Vegetable rights and peace
- Maggi Magic Asia Nudelpfanne Shanghai
- Maggi Magic Asia Gebratene Nudeln
- Maggi La Pasta Di Roasted Noodles Bolognese Style
- Knorr Salat Krönung Croutinos With Walnut And Soya
- Knorr Potatoe Dough
- Discovery Original Nachos Kit
- Discovery Mexican Fajitas Dinner Kit
- Discovery Gluten Free Mexican Recipe Kit
- Southern Fried Chicken Pieces
- Tesco Bacon and Leek Quiche