Product Type: Tesco Ready Meals
Newest Review: ... (63%), curry dressing, sultanas and red peppers. The product is available at Tesco, in store or online at www.tesco.co.uk and costs... more
Couscous from Tesco
Tesco Spicy Cous Cous Salad
Member Name: sun-is-shining
Tesco Spicy Cous Cous Salad
Advantages: a quick and cheap lunch
Disadvantages: not tasty enough
And again there was this little voice in my ear that made me go to Tescos in my lunch break to have a look for around. I'm a big fan of couscous and was quite happy when I saw that the spicy couscous salad was reduced to 90p - a quick and cheap lunch and some alternation from my typical lunch.
You can find the couscous salad in the chilled goods section in a clear plastic cup; please note that unlike the pasta there's no plastic fork with the couscous.
The salad contains of course couscous, curry dressing, sultana and red pepper. The couscous is well cooked and not lumpy or soggy, the sultanas are very soft and to be honest the red pepper is non-existent; once in a while you'll find a tiny piece but that's it.
It tastes very sweet and not at all of curry flavouring. The lack of vegetables makes the whole salad very heavy and I felt really tired and full the whole day after eating half of the pack for lunch.
The sultanas are quite nice but for me there are just too many, less of these and some more pepper would be great.
The allergy advice informs us that the salad contains wheat and gluten and that it is suitable for Vegetarians.
It is unfortunately not the healthiest food around, well, it probably is quite healthy but it's very high in calories; 100g contain 135 kcal, 5.6g of sugar and 2.9g of fat.
So, now to the most important question, would I buy it again?
No, I really wouldn't buy the couscous salad again; not because it was really horrible but purely because it wasn't my taste. I'm not too keen on sultanas and prefer my couscous a lot spicier and with more flavour. This here was just too sweet for me but it might be your taste.
1.79 for 500g of couscous salad seems to be a decent price and you can have it as a very filling lunch or as part of a Mediterranean dinner.
Summary: see review
More reviews in the field of Ready Meals
- Better than a takeaway pizza or your money back.
- Easy to open, quick to cook, great tasting and no washing up!
- An inexpensive vegetarian healthy option to minced beef
- Want Some Onion Breath !!
- Asda Salmon Meal!
- Iceland Curly Fries - Guess what there only £1 from Iceland....
- It's what's for dinner!
- Lightly Spiced but not great behind the door!
- Tesco potato waffles - Stop wafflin' and tuck in!
- Yummy Savoury Eggs from Quorn
- Inzersdorfer Gemüse Küche Cream Sauce With Peas And Young Carrots
- Inzersdorfer Gemüse Küche Cream Sauce With Mixed Vegetables
- Inzersdorfer Gemüse Küche Mix With Beans And Corn
- Inzersdorfer Gemüse Küche Letscho
- Inzersdorfer Beef Goulash
- Branston Beef Ravioli
- Crazy Jack Organic Red Split Lentils
- Linda McCartney Moroccan Tagine
- Ainsley Harriott Vietnamese Kho World Dinner Kit
- Young's Ocean Pie