Newest Review: ... I received a phone call to take the payment and was told that the fee was actually £200 plus vat!! Probably the most expensive in the ma... more
AVOID REEDS RAINS AT ALL COST
Author Name: H
Disadvantages: Too many to list
We vacated the property just under 3 months ago and asked for our deposit to be returned.
Reeds Rains brought in a contract cleaning company to assess any work that needed to be carried out.
Despite us cleaning the property from top to bottom, the cleaning company claimed the property was extremely dirty and needed a 'deep clean'
They also claimed that the property required repairs such as a loose toilet handle, shrinkage of the window frames, staining to a ceiling caused by a leak in the water tank, sealing grout around the bath, sinks, shower, window and door frames, damp treatment and compression marks on the carpets caused by furniture. Also, during the inspection, one of the internal door locks failed internally which they are trying to charge us for.
Overall, Reeds Rains are trying to take £492 from our deposit, the majority of which is for costs that our not the tenants responsibility. I have repeatedly asked for an itemised bill so that we can discuss individual costs and whether they are ours or the landlords responsibility. Our intention was to discuss the matter and find a reasonable compromise. My emails and calls are repeatedly and routinely ignored.
I am now being forced to raise a dispute and urge anyone to avoid Reeds Rains at all costs.
More reviews in the field of Estate Agent / House Builder
- Do not rent with foxtons
- BEWARE USING YOUR MOVE AS LETTING AGENTS
- Re-signing Fee
- DONT BUY A BARRATTS HOUSE BUCKSHAW VILLAGE CHORLEY
- We used Hatched.co.uk, and they were great. And we saved over £4,000
- Reeds Rains are unprofessional, unhelpful and are only out for your money
- Never dealing with again!
- Europe Removals & Storgae Ltd
- Stephens of Luton holding our furniture in store to ransom
- Ludlow and Thompson dont use them to manage your property.