Newest Review: ... sugar I sometimes get those dried banana slices from health food stores too and just wing them in for a bit of a change sometimes or ... more
Member Name: Hannahisme
Advantages: see review
Disadvantages: see review
Now , for my family, the Christmas dinner is never complete without a good old trifle!
Here's my recipe!
300g tinned raspberries, or fresh, whichever you prefer
300ml whipped cream
60g trifle sponges
Grated dark and white chocolate
HOW TO MAKE
1. Put the raspberries in the bottom of a nice big trifle dish
2. Take the trifle sponges and arrange them around the bowl in any way you like. I like to place them in circles around the bowl
3. Next, Pour your custard into the dish, just over halfway of the bowl - make sure it is nice and even , you don't want a wonky trifle!
4. Get your whipped cream - now you can either use squirty cream or make your own, for quickness i use whipped cream - spread this evenly over the custard and fill the rest of the bowl
5. Take your grated chocolate and sprinkle on top for a decorative look. Sometimes sprinkle some vanilla on top of the whipped cream as it gives it that extra sweet taste!
6. Place in the Fridge for around 30 mins and serve
This serves around 4 people so if you need to serve to more just double the ingredients and double the size of the bowl!
In total this takes me around 45 mins but if you want it to be perfect then it can take around an hour.
If you want , you can use chocolate whipped cream instead of vanilla! This looks really good and tastes amazing!!!
You can place mixed fruit at the bottom instead of just raspberries if you are feeling extra healthy!
Overall this is a nice and easy dish that is yummy and perfect for Christmas!
Summary: see review