Newest Review: ... sugar I sometimes get those dried banana slices from health food stores too and just wing them in for a bit of a change sometimes or ... more
Scrumptiously Summery Baked Raspberry Cheesecake with Raspberry Coulis...YUM!
Member Name: Gem7
Advantages: Delicious...and it has raspberries so maybe you could count a portion as one of your 5 per day!?!
I made this for dessert at a dinner party and it was very well received. It is also very easy to make, but looks really impressive- double bonus!
12 digestive biscuits
600g cream cheese
2 tablespoons plain flour
175g caster sugar
Vanilla extract (a few drops)
2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
142ml pot sour cream
1 tablespoon icing sugar
Extra raspberries for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 160/ 140'C fan-forced. Line a round, spring form tin with grease-proof paper.
2. Crush the digestive biscuits into crumbs. Melt the butter and mix them together. Press evenly into the spring form tin and bake for 5 minutes.
3. Beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla essence, eggs and sour cream until light and fluffy. Stir in 150g of the raspberries and pour in to the tin. Bake for 40 minutes until it is set but with a slight wobble in the middle. Leave to cool in the tin, then in the fridge.
4. To make the coulis, put the raspberries and sugar in to a food processor and blend to a purée. Put a sieve over a clean bowl and rub the purée through with a spoon to remove the raspberry pips. Taste and add more sugar if required.
Summary: Totally delicious and easy to make.
More reviews in the field of Recipe
- Make your own salsa: Quick, cheap and very easy
- burgers and bananas
- Diamond Jubilee celebrations: A perfectly simple traditional Victoria sponge
- A true Cuban Mojito...secrets shared!!
- TO DIE FOR: Roasted Onion, Caramelised Red Onion and Goats' Cheese Tarts
- Easy and Quick Snack for Lunch - Mediterranean Cheese Baguette
- Tomato or Veg?
- Pork and apricot casserole. Wonderful with white rice
- Soup Glorious Soup
- Microwave Chocolate Cake