Newest Review: ... not only as its nicer to the chickens but the eggs taste nicer and more rich. Different types of hens lay different eggs so its always wor... more
My Eggy Favourites!
Eggs in General
Member Name: DocDan3
Eggs in General
Eggs are my favourite things to cook with as you can do so much with them! There are loads of different eggs you can buy such as Chicken eggs, Ostrich eggs, Duck eggs and many more. However, I will be reviewing the most common: chicken eggs, and a few things you can do with them!
1. My favourite thing to do with eggs is make egg mayonnaise. Simply boil a couple of eggs for 7-10 minutes depending on how soft you want them. Crack open the shells once they have cooled down and use a device or cutlery to mash them up. Add a wallop of mayonnaise (kraft is good) and add a few bits of cut up chive. I like to season it with a tiny bit of salt (as it's in the mayonnaise too) and a touch of pepper. Give it all a good mix and you can have it on sandwiches, bread rolls or baguettes. It goes lovely with warm toast too!
2. I also like to make a large Spanish omelet! Simply cut up loads of different vegetables like peppers, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms and more. Add it to a frying pan according to how long it takes to cook (so onions first). Then beat a couple of eggs together with some salt and pepper and a touch of milk. Add this to the vegetables, which are evenly mixed and spread out in the pan and cover it with a lid for a few minutes. You can then serve a very filling and delicious omelet. It's nice to add some grated cheese to top it off.
3. French toast is a delicious specialty of mine. You must get a couple of eggs and beat them together with a bit of milk in a wide bowl. You then get pieces of bread and dip them in, covering both sides. You then fry these in a pan, with quite a bit of butter, which gives them a really nice taste. I like to sprinkle some sugar over mine too whilst they are cooking so they come out deliciously sweet and tasty! It makes a filling breakfast or lunch and is really tasty.
So, these are just a few of my favourites to make. Eggs are used in everything though including biscuits, cakes and many other dishes. You can do so much with them, but they irreversibly cook so you cannot turn a fried egg back into it's original form! They cook very quickly by themselves too, which is ideal for breakfast.
Thanks for reading,
Summary: A few of my favourites to cook with eggs
More reviews in the field of Recipe
- Eggs Benedict - Probably the second best thing to make on a sunday morning!!
- Beef Pasta Medley
- Steak sandwich a la jthecrab
- The DEFINITIVE Guide to Standby meals, the ITALIAN WAY!
- Fruity Tipple!
- Pop that corn- the moreish snack
- Low fat/calorie chocolate brownies!!! It can't be true? Oh but it is!
- Simple Sponge pudding
- Chicken, Bacon and cheese - mmmm mmmmm
- The most simple sponge ever!