Newest Review: ... from run of the mill stir fries due to the addition of fruit. It's incredibly easy, quick, low fat, and can be adapted to suit taste... more
Fish: Fruity stir-fried prawns
Member Name: suziedre
Advantages: Tasty and low fat
Disadvantages: Not everyone likes mango
I have adapted this recipe from a recipe in the last edition of WeightWatchers magazine. I have changed the quantities of some ingredients and added a different sauce and type of rice.
I make this quite regularly and it's very tasty and a little bit different from run of the mill stir fries due to the addition of fruit. It's incredibly easy, quick, low fat, and can be adapted to suit tastes.
This serves 2 people.
400g raw prawns
Any amount of stir fry veggies you like - I use baby sweetcorn, asparagus, carrot
A 250g pack of Tilda Coconut and Lime rice
1 ripe mango
A pack of Satay sauce such as Amoy or Blue Dragon
- Stir fry the prawns in a small amount of olive oil or FryLight until almost cooked
- Add the veggies and stir fry until warmed through
- Add the rice and cook for around 30 seconds
- Add the sauce and combine with the rice, prawns and vegetables
- Finally, throw in the mango until warmed through
- Divide between 2 bowls, sprinkle with coriander if you want, and tuck in.
*Not everyone likes mango, so this would also be delicious with pineapple chunks
*If you don't like Satay sauce, this also works very well with a creamy thai sauce, or even sweet chilli.
Summary: A regular dinner for me - perfect for prawn lovers
More reviews in the field of Recipe
- pasta salad
- Easy-peasy choc chunk shortbread - Homemade gift idea!
- Leftover Croquettes
- I've never yet met someone that didn't like this simple dish!
- Know what they are eating
- Simple dessert: delicious chocolate and gingerbread pots
- Spiritwood's fantabulous bean feast of delight and enchantment...
- Simple Paella
- Pack up!