Newest Review: ... and it means you can experiment with different combinations and ingredients to make your own special concoctions. One combination that I tr... more
A true Cuban Mojito...secrets shared!!
Member Name: Gem7
Advantages: Rum, mint, sugar, lime...enough said!
Disadvantages: One is never enough!!
When I went to Cuba, I had the most amazing Mojito. Not too sweet or sour, but totally refreshing. I asked the bar man to show me how to make a Mojito, Cuban style and it's so good, I think it would be unfair to keep it to myself. You'll be able to imagine yourself lounging in the sun, in no time!!
1˝ limes, cut into 8 wedges
20 fresh mint leaves
2˝ tsp demerara sugar
handful crushed ice
65ml/2˝fl oz white rum
splash soda water, to taste
fresh mint sprig, to garnish
1. Place the limes, mint and sugar into a sturdy highball glass and 'muddle' or mash with the end of a clean rolling pin, to bruise the mint and release the lime juice.
2. Add the ice and pour over the rum.
3. Add soda water to taste and stir well so that the ingredients are spread throughout the glass. Garnish with a mint sprig and serve.
Summary: A magnificent Mojito recipe!!
More reviews in the field of Recipe
- Pack up your lunch
- Gambas Al Ajillo - Garlic Prawns
- Onions no no no!
- Butter Chicken - A misleading name, but one that you must try!
- Beetroot, it doesn't have to be a pickle!
- Make your own salsa: Quick, cheap and very easy
- burgers and bananas
- Diamond Jubilee celebrations: A perfectly simple traditional Victoria sponge
- Cheese & Pepper Spaghetti
- Toasted Sandwich Recipes