Newest Review: ... until it has gotten slightly thicker. Remove from the heat and pour over your Honey Cake, or anything which needs sweetening up!... more
Dare you try my sweetest offering?!
Member Name: The Daz
Advantages: Sweet, soft and light.
Disadvantages: Erm...it's more fattening than my Fairy Cakes
Greetings once again, puny Earthlings!
Daz the Dalek Chef (3rd in Command to the Assistant Pro-Vice Overlord's Chief Extermination Counsellor), here again with another recipe of a cake variety that will cause meltdown in the tastebud area and complete submission of the sensory nodes!
For this delicious Honey Cake you will require:
250g Honey, (Syrup will substitute if necessary),
100g Dark Muscovado Sugar,
3 Eggs, Beaten! (Whisk attachment required),
300g Self-Raising Flour,
Please note: since conquering Sector 7-G, Daleks have gone fully Metric and done away with Imperial measurements - we are the only Empire now!!
1. Cut the butter into pieces and heat slowly, adding the Honey (Syrup) and the Sugar. When fully liquid, turn up heat to maximum and boil for one minute, then remove from heat and leave to cool.
2. Add the beaten eggs to the cooled Honey (Syrup) mixture. Sift the flour into a large bowl and then add in the liquid mixture. Beat until you
have a smooth batter.
3. Pour the mixture into a tin and bake in a preheated oven at 160C (140C Fan), for 50 mins - 1 Hour, until the cake is well-risen and springs back to the touch.
4. Cool on a rack and glaze with a few tablespoons of Honey (Syrup).
More tantalising recipes soon! I shall return - do not worry! *waggles eyestalk menacingly*.
Summary: Excellent taste, easy to make.
More reviews in the field of Recipe
- Tandoori Potatoes & Creamy Mushroom Soup
- Not So Fun Potatoes
- Help your children get their five-a-day.
- Nothing says 'I love you' like a Jammie Dodger (Valentine's Day Recipes)
- A Winter Warmer
- Simple dessert: delicious chocolate and gingerbread pots
- Spiritwood's fantabulous bean feast of delight and enchantment...
- Simple Paella
- Pack up!