Newest Review: ... this way then finished them off on the bbq for a couple of min and served them with the sauce. Although with the weather so far this summe... more
Easy Peasy Shepherds Squeazy!
Member Name: johanna18
Advantages: easy to make
Disadvantages: peeling spuds!
This is a super easy Shepherds Pie recipe for the whole family.
455g Lamb mince
1 chopped red onion
115g Carrots diced
2 tbsp plain flour
1 Stock cube
675g Peeled potatoes
4 tbsp Creme Fraiche
Salt and pepper.
1. brown the mince, onion and the carrots in frying pan for around 10 minutes, Stir the mince constantly until it is cooked.
2. Drain of any excess fat, stir in the flour, tomato ketchup and brown sauce.
3. Put the stock cube in 150ml of water until it completely dissolves, once it has done, add it to the pan.
4. Cover the pan and simmer for around 20 minutes. Add more water to the pan if it looks like it is getting a bit dry.
5. While ths is cooking, cut the potatoes into even pieces and boil them for around 15 mins, or until you can easily push a knife through them.
6. Mash the potatoes with butter and Creme Fraiche. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Heat up the oven to 190?C, 375?F or Gas 5.
8. Season the mince put into an oven-proof dish.
9. Top the mince with the mash potato, and bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Serve as soon as it is out of the oven.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
Summary: great recipe for the whole family
More reviews in the field of Recipe
- Eggs Are They All They're Cracked Up To Be?
- Carrot and tomato soup
- Foolproof Flapjacks
- Not just for eating!
- Baked Mackerel with Tomatoes and Potatoes
- Fruity Tipple!
- Low fat/calorie chocolate brownies!!! It can't be true? Oh but it is!
- Simple Sponge pudding
- Chicken, Bacon and cheese - mmmm mmmmm