Newest Review: ... this way then finished them off on the bbq for a couple of min and served them with the sauce. Although with the weather so far this summe... more
Irish Stew with lamb - very very easy - very very tasty!
Member Name: karlsm93
Advantages: Will fill you up and stiop you snacking later on.
Although I wouldn't always eat a lot of red meat in my diet, I do like the distinctive taste of lamb, and would very often select a dish with lamb from a menu when out.
My husband is a huge lamb fan and so when we got married, he would regularly dropped hints for me to cook lamb for our evening meal as opposed to chicken etc. Now, none of my own family eat lamb, so I had never cooked it myself before, or watched my mother whilst I was at home.
Thankfully, a friend gave me this recipe for irish stew with lamb. Now, I have made irish stew plenty of times with beef, but exchanging beef for lamb was something new to try, and this is now a regular feature on the weekly menu!
These ingredients make enough for 4 people.
450g thinly sliced potatoes
600g lean stewing lamb cut into small chunks
3 oninos, thinly sliced
900ml lamb stock
1. Heat some oil in a large saucepan and brown the sliced potatoes.
2. Remove the potatoes and reserve.
3. Layer the cut lamb, onion and potato in a saucepan, seasoning each layer with salt and pepper (I often omit the salt)
4. Pour the stock over the stew and bring slowly to the boil.
5. Reduce the heat to very low.
6. Cover with a lid and simmer gently for 2 hours or until meat if cooked through and tender.
7. Garnish teh stew with parsley.
I usually serve this with some vegetables.
This is a really tasty, and very simple irish stew, that will fill you up, and stop after tea snacking. I love the fact that you can leave it to simmer for a couple of hours, and go and do other things without having to watch or stir it continually.
If you are looking to try a new lamb dish, then give this a go!
Summary: A great straightforward meal that can be used with beef or lamb
More reviews in the field of Recipe
- Dark and healthy - not necessarily
- Thai Pad Thai made easy
- Spicy wedges with chilli dip - have your restaurant tasting starter at home!
- Charby's Sexy Curry
- Tasty value eggs
- Easy and Quick Snack for Lunch - Mediterranean Cheese Baguette
- Apple wine
- Pork and apricot casserole. Wonderful with white rice
- Soup Glorious Soup
- Microwave Chocolate Cake