Newest Review: ... whole-sale trades, trends and markets. To seek where an origin of food has derived not only takes months to decipher but the knowledge g... more
Honey and mustard sausages with carrot and parsnip mash
Member Name: suziedre
Advantages: Easy, quick, cosy and tasty
Disadvantages: Washing the oven proof dish can be a pain afterwards
I got this recipe off a Nigel Slater show and slightly adapted it, and it is one that I find extremely tasty every time I make it.
It's a lovely, cosy, warming recipe coming into the colder months.
This is a recipe for 4 people, but of course you can alter the amounts of sausages and veg according to appetites.
For the sausages:
8 pork sausages
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp grain mustard
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
3 tbsp runny honey
- Pre-heat the oven at 200C.
- Lay the sausages in an oven-proof dish.
- Mix the lemon juice, mustards and honey well, and pour over the sausages.
- Cook the sausages for around 30 minutes, ensuring you check on them every 10 minutes to roll them about in the honey/mustard mixture and coat them in it.
For the mash:
A good handful of flat leaf parsley
A good knob of butter
- Steam or boil the vegetables until tender.
- Mash the veg with the butter.
- Mix in the chopped/torn parsley.
Separate the mash onto 4 plates and place the sausages on top. The sausages should be glossy and coated with the mixture; slightly sticky and caramelised.
Summary: A simple recipe that is perfect comfort food for the winter months
More reviews in the field of Recipe
- Coconut Cake - with optional lemon drizzle
- Chicken and Green Pesto Panini
- Chicken, spinach, sundried tomatoes and mascarpone linguine
- Great winter warmer and pretty cheap
- A dish to see you through winter
- Easy and Quick Snack for Lunch - Mediterranean Cheese Baguette
- Sweet and Fruity
- Tomato or Veg?
- Nice Rice - A Dish with No Name