Newest Review: ... flour About a teaspoon of dried thyme 3 sticks of celery One small onion Half a litre of orange juice Half a packet of dried apricots A ch... more
Honey and mustard sausages with carrot and parsnip mash
Member Name: suziedre
Advantages: Easy, quick, cosy and tasty
Disadvantages: Washing the oven proof dish can be a pain afterwards
I got this recipe off a Nigel Slater show and slightly adapted it, and it is one that I find extremely tasty every time I make it.
It's a lovely, cosy, warming recipe coming into the colder months.
This is a recipe for 4 people, but of course you can alter the amounts of sausages and veg according to appetites.
For the sausages:
8 pork sausages
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp grain mustard
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
3 tbsp runny honey
- Pre-heat the oven at 200C.
- Lay the sausages in an oven-proof dish.
- Mix the lemon juice, mustards and honey well, and pour over the sausages.
- Cook the sausages for around 30 minutes, ensuring you check on them every 10 minutes to roll them about in the honey/mustard mixture and coat them in it.
For the mash:
A good handful of flat leaf parsley
A good knob of butter
- Steam or boil the vegetables until tender.
- Mash the veg with the butter.
- Mix in the chopped/torn parsley.
Separate the mash onto 4 plates and place the sausages on top. The sausages should be glossy and coated with the mixture; slightly sticky and caramelised.
Summary: A simple recipe that is perfect comfort food for the winter months
More reviews in the field of Recipe
- Coconut Cake - with optional lemon drizzle
- Chicken and Green Pesto Panini
- Chicken, spinach, sundried tomatoes and mascarpone linguine
- Great winter warmer and pretty cheap
- A dish to see you through winter
- Simple dessert: delicious chocolate and gingerbread pots
- Spiritwood's fantabulous bean feast of delight and enchantment...
- Simple Paella
- Pack up!