Newest Review: ... vinegar - 7 tbsp olive oil - Pepper for seasoning *Method* 1. Crush the garlic 2. Pound the garlic with the salt until you get a s... more
Tasty Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
Member Name: mwah_xx
Date: 30/09/11, updated on 30/09/11 (58 review reads)
Advantages: Tasty to give some oomph to salad
Disadvantages: Very garlicky - be warned!
As I am sat here, munching my tasty lunch, with the sun streaming through the windows I thought I would share with you the vinaigrette that my mum taught me to make when I went off to Uni (10 years ago!!)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp rock salt
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 7 tbsp olive oil
- Pepper for seasoning
1. Crush the garlic
2. Pound the garlic with the salt until you get a smooth paste - at my mums I use a pestel and mortar to do this. At home I don't have one, so I tend to chop the garlic up and crush on the chopping board with the back of a teaspoon!
3. Put the paste, mustard powder and balsamic vinegar into a screw top jar. Season with pepper and give it a stir to make sure all the powder is dissolved
4. Add the olive oil. screw on the lid and shake away!
5. Unscrew the lid and taste; add more oil/vinegar depending on your taste buds if required
et volia - zingy, garlicky salad dressing.
Oh - if you are feeling lazy then use the pre-minced garlic from a jar -I don't bother to crush this with salt I just chuck it all in the screwtop jar and give it a quick shake!
This will keep in the fridge for about 5 days - great for the working week to take to work, I tend to find its even better on the second day as the garlic really infuses into the dressing! Always give it a good shake before serving!
Summary: A treat for my otherwise boring salads!
More reviews in the field of Recipe
- World's greatest meatballs? Probably... (in my opinion)
- A dish to see you through winter
- Honey and mustard sausages with carrot and parsnip mash
- Super-simple Jambalaya
- Ginger nut key lime pie
- Scallops with pea puree and a carrot and apple salad
- Simple dessert: delicious chocolate and gingerbread pots
- Spiritwood's fantabulous bean feast of delight and enchantment...
- Simple Paella
- Pack up!