“ Category: Sweets „
* Prices may differ from that shown
This is one of the most beautiful sweet/deserts you will ever possibly taste. It is a Scottish delicacy, and all of my friends from different countries always compliment how good it tastes.
Tablet is very hard to describe, it is sold in some shops as a vanilla treat, and it is even similar to fudge, but it dosen't have the fudge taste.
The recipe that I am going to list below is from my mothers cookbook, I have made this before - and it has turned out beautiful.
One thing I must say, is that this sweet is NOT recommended for anyone who is on a diet. It is quite calorific, so I would eat it in moderation!
==Ingredients you will need==
2lbs of sugar
2oz of margerine
Tin of condensed milk
1 cup of milk
==Equipment which is helpful==
An electric whisk
1. Add 2lbs of sugar into a large pot, add the cup of milk and also the margerine.
2. Boil until this has melted
3. Add the condensed milk
4. Stir until it starts to turn golden brown (you actually can't take a break from the stirring, this is very important! It is best if you have someone to take a turn of the stirring). This usually takes around 5 - 10 mins, depending on how golden brown you want it. The above picture gives you a good indication of what colour it should be.
5. Once it has turned golden brown, beat the mixture with an electric whisk, and every 40 seconds or so, take a little piece, and place it in a cup of cold water with a small spoon - and taste to make sure it is not chewy.
6. When you are satisfied that it is not chewy, pour your mixture into a baking tray, and leave to cool.
7. When it is cool, cut it into desired sized pieces, and enjoy!