Newest Review: ... cheap to make so would suit families who are on a budget. This soup is also suitable for vegetarians. Preparation time - 15 mins Cooki... more
Chunky Spicy Vegetable Goodness
Member Name: roversjenny
Advantages: Filling, low in calories
I have been following the Weight Watchers diet plan for 11 months now, and everytime I need a bit of a boost, I drop my points allowance which means I am always on the look out for low point food which is filling.
The soup recipe below is one that is full of goodness and also very healthy, the points value of it is Zero, it is perfect for aiding weight loss and warming you up in the cold winter months.
1 small swede
4 sticks of celery
5 peppers (any colour)
2 medium onions
2 tinned of chopped tomatoes
7 vegetable stock cubes
1200ml boiling water
1. Peel all veg and chop into pieces, the size of which depends on how chunky you like your soup. Place all veg into a big pan.
2. Mix with 2 tins of chopped tomatoes.
3. Boil 1200ml of water and add in 7 cubes of vegetable stock and add to pan.
4. Add in garlic, herbs and chilli (I use easy garlic and easy chilli for ease - and add in around a teaspoon of each).
5. Bring to the boil and then simmer for approximately 2.5 hours until the veg is soft.
The above recipe makes 4 large servings - it is so quick and simple to make and tastes amazing once it has done - I have had for lunch for the last 2 weeks and cannot get enough of it.
Summary: A great winter warmer
More reviews in the field of Recipe
- I Look Like A Right Alky Now =]
- Bacon and Garlic Pasta Bake
- Chocolate heaven
- Chocolate In All Shapes, Sizes And Flavours
- Sprite and Cake Mix sponge cake
- Everyone Loves a Good Ruby!
- Rich chewy chocolate cookies
- Rhubarb and rasperry crumbles om nomnom
- Apple wine
- Pork and apricot casserole. Wonderful with white rice