Newest Review: ... fussy teenagers will eat is a struggle. Ingredients Onion Potatoes B aked Beans Cheese Splash of milk and some margarine for the mashed ... more
Vegetarian pasta salad!
Member Name: KSM18
Advantages: healthy, vegetarian, easy and tasty!
Disadvantages: uses shop bought sauce, although you could make your own
Basically, this is a tiny quick home recipe that I love and is great for a weekend lunch in the garden as a dish with other salad dishes too. Now before I begin, I need to say a few things. 1) I'm not a vegetarian, however this pasta salad is a vegetarian dish, unless meat lie ham is added to it. 2) this isn't a very professional recipe and I don't have exact measurements and all that, it's purely based down to opinion :)
Pasta - how ever much you like, some people prefer to have more vegetables than pasta but usually looking at the packet of whatever pasta you buy it tells you what a decent sized serving is. I like to use the spiral pasta for this dish best.
Peppers - green pepper, red pepper, yellow pepper, orange pepper, whatever you want. I usually do about three different types of pepper but use the amount of 2 whole ones.
1 Onion - I prefer to use just a normal onion but you can also use spring onion or even do both if you like onions!
Sweetcorn - I love sweetcorn and I think it goes really nicely in this dish, to be honest you could add in whatever vegetables you think goes nicely.
Cheese (optional) - not a lot, just enough to grate on top for presentation, you could stir in grated cheese if you wanted to to make it taste a bit different.
Stir through tomato sauce - You can buy one in a jar from the supermarket or if you have more time and are feeling a bit more adventurous you could make your, unfortunately I can't help you out there!
** METHOD **
1. prepare all the vegetables by dicing them to around 1cm square or smaller. You obviously don't need to worry about sweetcorn or anything else you might add like spring onion that won't be worth dicing.
2. cook the pasta for however much time it says on the packet in boiling water, you could even add a dash of salt if you wanted.
3. when the pasta is cooked, drain it through a colander and pour it back into the saucepan that now has no water in it.
4. Add the jar of tomato pasta sauce or home made sauce to the hot pasta and stir through. Stir in the vegetables and transfer to bowl/dish/container.
5. Grate cheese on top for garnish.
Ok, so I hope you like my recipe and thanks for reading! :)
Summary: really simple tomato pasta salad dish :)
More reviews in the field of Recipe
- If you can't go to the zoo, bring the zoo to you!
- Pack up your lunch
- Gambas Al Ajillo - Garlic Prawns
- Scrumptiously Summery Baked Raspberry Cheesecake with Raspberry Coulis...YUM!
- Beautiful Beef Bourguignon
- A true Cuban Mojito...secrets shared!!
- TO DIE FOR: Roasted Onion, Caramelised Red Onion and Goats' Cheese Tarts
- Praski's Pork Alentejana
- Mine and Millie's favourite!
- Cheese & Pepper Spaghetti