Newest Review: ... Table Tinned tuna mixed with one large ripe chopped tomato, ground pepper and a tablespoon of plain mayo. Better if granary roll is u... more
Healthy grilled Veg and egg sandwich
Member Name: aksram
Advantages: healthy and tasty, quick to make
Disadvantages: not for lunch boxes
Veg and egg sandwich- this is a great substitute to the boring cold sandwiches and is healthy too. I make it for my kid- just a way of giving him some veggies to eat. The below recipe will make 6 sandwiches.
Bread- 12 slices
Boiled eggs- 4
1) First slice all the vegetables and eggs into circles.
2) Spread ketchup on the slices of bread- i actually use Maggi hot and sweet tomato chilli sauce because i like it a bit spicy. This sauce is available in Tescos at the world food/Asian section.
3) Arrange the veg and egg slices on the bread- on the ketchup side.
4) Sprinkle salt and pepper and cover with the other bread slice.
5) It can be eaten as it is but I grill this on a grill pan- just like it hot and like the grill line marks!!!!
This sandwich is best served hot- doesn't taste so good when packed for lunches.
Summary: Try this and let me know how it tastes...