Newest Review: ... Vege roll Wasabi tobiko rol... more
Wasabi gave me the worst food poisoning I have ever had
Member Name: LeelooBurza
Advantages: Quick meal
Disadvantages: Eating at your own risk
As a customer, I came to Wasabi store and paid good money for a Sushi box in good faith that it would be in a fresh and edible state. However, as it turns out upon eating it, I was left a few hours later feeling violently ill. Not only did I have to suffer the indignity and unpleasantness of being sick at both ends, I also had to take time off from work, which was a huge inconvenience and cost for both me and my employer.
I have contacted Wasabi and told them all about what happened and also supplied them with all documents needed (including ambulance report) for them to start an investigation. I have had to liase with and chase them up far too many times for my liking, just to get an outcome on a situation that should never have occurred in the first place (if you had the appropriate quality control measures set in place). And at the end I have been offered a voucher for £20 to enjoy some more poisonous sushi. Thanks but no thanks.
I am not sure how Wasabi stores can ensure that incidents such as the one I encountered are mitigated in the future given that you seemingly don't label their products with the date and the time they were made (which I imagine is a risky strategy especially when serving raw fish and rice, two ingredients with proven health risks). I am sure that it is safe to assume that most other reputable stores have clear procedures in place on this front I.e. any stock that is more than a couple of hours old / or not kept in cool conditions is taken off the shelves immediately?!?
Summary: I wouldn't recommend for anyone to eat there!
- Madrasi Southern Indian Cuisine (Gateshead, England)
- Caribbean Scene Family (Stratford, England)
- The Broad Chare (Newcastle, England)
- Raval Luxury Indian Restaurant & Bar (Gateshead, England)
- Cafe Ikon (Birmingham)
- New Dilraj (Shropshire)
- Blue Elephant Contemporary Indian Restaurant (Telford)
- Siam Cottage (Shropshire)