Product Type: Asda Sauces / Soups
Newest Review: ... value brands for these condiments and it makes a difference at the till. The Asda value tomato ketchup comes in a glass bottle with a... more
nice tomato taste
Asda Smartprice Tomato Ketchup
Member Name: pal60
Asda Smartprice Tomato Ketchup
Date: 05/03/10, updated on 21/04/10 (37 review reads)
Advantages: fabulous for BBQs
I am on a lower budget now and I am trying lots of new lower branded products to see if I like them and I came across this product in Asda and it is their Smart Price lower brands of the store.
This tomato ketchup is very good value, considering it is a lower brand food, it comes in a wide glass bottle with a screw off lid, it has the usual green and white colours of their lower brands of foods and so can easily be spotted from the shelves.
I have always prefered the higher branded tomato sauces but during the recession I have had to go to try the lower brand where possible and trying this one was a very smart move indeed.
When I first saw this ketchup I thought I would not like it but it was fine, it is quite thick too, and it pours from the bottle beautifully, it is not at all runny as I first expected it to be, and it is nice and red in colour and a very good texture, you can definately taste the tomatoes and it does not have an acid taste, it is nice and smooth tasting and is not lumpy and it tastes delicious in my opinion.
The bottle is a good size for a large bottle of 550 grams.
I thought at 37p it was bargain and it lasts a very long time.
When I came to the end of the bottle I thought it would be runny but it still poured the same as when I first opened it.
It keeps well in the fridge too, and I have continued to buy it and I used it plenty of times at BBQS and my guests have never complained, which I thought they would but they liked it too.
Smartprice are good brands if you are looking to down grade brands like I am and for the price I do not think you would be disappointed with this product at all.
I also use this in my cooking if I run out of puree, it is tasty enough to just use now again for when you forget those little ingredients.
If you have a large family and are on a budget as I am, it is well worth giving it a try and see if you like it too, I highly recommend it.
I rate it 5 stars.
Summary: nice price for lower brand of food products
More reviews in the field of Sauces / Soups
- New Covent Garden Minestrone Soup: You almost need a knife and fork
- Fancy Something Old & Saucy?
- Tomato is red. Red pepper is red. Let's put them together in a red tinwith a red ...
- Salad is murder (on my taste buds!).
- 5* soup, tomato with a thick creamy taste
- Not a family favorite but nice enough
- 0 to tasty in 180 seconds
- It's a meal in a can
- Convenient Soup in a Cup!
- A Very Springless Soup!
- Asda Gravy Granules
- Haywards Whole Pickled Gherkins
- Levi Roots Hot Reggae Reggae Cooking Sauce
- Weight Watchers Mozzarella & Rocket Pasta Sauce
- Maggi Beef Soup Strong
- Knorr Kaiser Teller Zucchini Cream Soup
- Knorr Kaiser Teller Gourmet Pumpkin Cream Soup With A Hint Of Ginger
- Knorr Bitte Zu Tisch Potatoe Cream Soup
- Knorr Bärenschöpfer Noodles Soup With Meat Dumplings
- Waitrose Essential Tomato and Basil Sauce