Product Type: Batchelors Sauces / Soups
Newest Review: ... eat or like much salt at all, and they still like these! And I don't think it's a nasty salty taste like I find tinned soups have. ---Fi... more
Easy Peasy Soup
Member Name: hanniea1
Advantages: Quick, Easy, Tasty
It's that time of year when it's getting cold and a sandwich at lunchtime just doesn't cut it. I need something warm at lunch but don't really like eating proper food at my desk and the places round here are expensive so that's where Cup-a-soup come in handy.
I normally have my cup-a-soup along with a sandwich as they are not very filling but warm me up.
You get 5 sachets in a box of cup a soup for around the £1.20 mark and they are available from all supermarkets.
You empty the sachet in to a mug of your choice fill with boiling water stir and hey presto soups done. Great for work as its easy and mess free, unlike having to empty a tin or carton into a bowl and warm in the microwave which, there is always a queue for in my office.
My particular favourite is the Chicken soup it's really creamy and tastes fab without being to heavy or rich perfect on a winters day. I also like chicken noodle which is more like a broth with little pasta hoops in this one I find more filling obviously due to the pasta but find if you leave it too long before drinking the starch from the pasta ruins it a bit.
There is 103 calories in a serving of the chicken cup a soup.
I would recommend these for anyone who wants a quick easy and warming accompaniment to lunch.
Summary: Buy it
More reviews in the field of Sauces / Soups
- Ohhhhh BISTO
- Nation's Gravy
- I'll have 25 of them, thanks. Here's my pound.....
- Chilli, but it's not cold!
- Tasty and inexpensive sliced beetroot from Tesco
- Scrummy Pasta Sauce
- This Sauce is definitely not Gross
- Bland,boring,waste of good chicken!
- Uncle Ben, you need a bit more 'Umph'
- Hawkshead Relish Quince Paste
- Hawkshead Relish Pear Paste
- Hawkshead Relish Damson Paste
- Hawkshead Relish Orange & Chilli Sauce
- Hawkshead Relish Cranberry Sauce
- Tesco Finest Vine Ripened Tomato & Mascarpone Soup
- Tesco Value Tartare Sauce
- Tesco Value Curry Sauce
- Dolmio Stir-in Spicy Tomato & Sweet Onion
- Batchelors Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup