Product Type: Sainsbury's Sauces / Soups
Newest Review: ... soup in a bowl on them. Currently a 400g tin of this soup is available on the Tesco website priced at 82 pence but you can often fi... more
Member Name: theshoefairy
Heinz Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Advantages: Easy to prepare, tasty, filling, quite healthy
Soups are rather funny things aren't they? Very rarely will I think of having soup when I am wondering what my next meal will consist of, but when I think of soup I do quite fancy the idea and thoroughly enjoy it when I have it.
What I like about soup is that it is so easy to prepare and ready in minutes whether you decide to heat in a sauce pan or pop it in the microwave for a few minutes.
One of my favourites of course is Cream of Mushroom Soup by Heinz. The main reason for this is that I absolutely love, love, love mushrooms and eat them whenever I can. When I go out to eat at a restaurant I will purposely order something on the menu that has some sort of mushroom with it and I have even been known to take a cheeky bite of a mushroom at the supermarket because I just can't resist them.
This soup is very creamy indeed but not in a sickly way. When the can is first opened, the soup does look very thick and lumpy but when heated, it is transformed into a soup that has a lovely even consistency.
There is a distinct flavour of mushroom to the soup which makes it very tasty if you like mushrooms but it isn't overpowering.
I do like the little lumps of mushroom in the soup. They are neither to big nor two small and there is plenty of them and they have that lovely mushroomy taste. Weird eh?
So I'm gonna have to recommend this of you are a mushroom fan like myself.
This soup is available in two different sizes. There's the 290g tin which provides a very tasty snack or light meal for one and then there is the 400g can which would be great for sharing.
--Nutritional Information (per 100g)--
Energy kCal - 50kCal
Energy kJ - 209kJ
Protein - 1.5g
Carbohydrate - 4.9g
of which sugars - 2.1g
Fat - 2.7g
of which saturates - 0.4g
Fibre - 0.1g
Sodium - 0.2g
Salt Equivalent - 0.6g
Summary: What's not to like?
More reviews in the field of Sauces / Soups
- Big Love for the Big Soup!
- Barbecue sauce that's really tasty.
- Perfectly Pickled
- Tomato sauce, an essential on any table but is this the right one?
- If I Can't Have An Aunt Bessie, Can I At Least Have An Uncle Ben?
- I'm not in a pickle over my verdict of these!
- Big soup!
- Add a magic ingredient and you would never know!
- Rather chilly chilli!
- Yummy Curry Sauce
- Rajah Minced Ginger Paste
- Woh Hup Crush Yellow Bean Sauce
- Woh Hup Garlic Honey BBQ Sauce
- Wing Yip Kung Po Sauce
- Wing Yip Chow Mein Stir Fry Sauce
- Knorr Feinschmecker Mushrooms Sauce
- Knorr Feinschmecker Pink Pepper Cream Sauce
- Knorr Feinschmecker Hunters Sauce
- Knorr Feinschmecker Herbs Cream Sauce
- Knorr Feinschmecker Goulash Sauce