Product Type: Hellmann Sauces / Soups
Newest Review: ... be approximately £1.30, although currently on £2 for 2 at Tesco. What is the product? Well this Ketchup is made with more tomatoes and... more
Hellmann's Tomato Ketchup
Member Name: littlem91
Hellmann's Tomato Ketchup
Advantages: Very strong flavour, thick, rich
Disadvantages: Can be a bit pricier.
Hellmanns tomato ketchup - I've only seen this in the last few months.
One of the selling points of this sauce is it claims over 40% more tomatoes than Heinz - with 195g/100g as opposed to 132g/100g. The calories come in at 16cal/15ml as opposed to heinz at 18cal/15ml.
The sauce is currently on offer in Tesco at £1 for 430ml, it's usually around the £1.30 mark when not on offer. They now do larger family size packs - sainsburys has this (750ml) at £2, usually £2.49, their 430ml is at £1.57. When not on offer this is often not as good value as large packs of other brands.
Hellmann's sauce is a fairly standard shaped sauce bottle, with a blue cap. There's the name and the 40% extra tomatoes below, with the amounts and the ingredients on the back.
The sauce is thicker than many of the other brands you get off the shelf, and doesn't appear to separate as much as other brands. It's a very rich red colour like you'd expect from a good quality tomato sauce.
Always the most important part! It's a very strong tomato flavour compared to mot others I've tried. I love the flavour, but it's also less sweet than many - I'd imagine for some people the flavour may actually be far too strong and possible a little sharp. So while I love this, I'd only recommend this is you like a good flavour!
Overall, this gets 5* from me - but I'd definitely grab a small bottle on offer as it may just not suit people who are used to a milder flavour.
Summary: Great sauce if you like a good strength sauce!
More reviews in the field of Sauces / Soups
- ~ * Not Bad At All * ~
- Not too mushroomy
- warm yourself up on a cold day
- Chicken soup......with only a tiny bit of chicken.
- sticky, but bland
- Let Pataks do the hard work for you
- Very Lazy, Very Quick, HOT HOT HOT chopped chillies!
- Brilliant Bolognese..!
- The Best Tomato Soup Around - Perfect on Cold Days - and of course - it HAS to b ...
- ~ * Heart-Warming on A Cold Autumn's Day * ~
- Haas Barbecue Mustard Hot
- Haas Horesradish-Mustard
- Spak Ultra Hot Chili Mustard
- Spak Ultra Hot Ketchup
- Spak Ultra Hot Mayonnaise
- Loyd Grossman Wild Mushroom & Tomato Sauce 350g
- Tesco Sweet Pickled Onions
- Loyd Grossman Tomato, Spinach & Ricotta Sauce
- New Covent Garden Choc Full of Beans Soup
- Loyd Grossman Smoky Bacon Pasta Sauce