Product Type: Knorr Sauces / Soups
Newest Review: ... not sure on the quality of the 10p ones but even oxo are only 78p. ~ Packaging ~ Knorr stock pots come in a cardboard box which is colour... more
Knorr Stock Pots
Member Name: jade22green
Knorr Stock Pots
Advantages: Less salty than stock cubes
Disadvantages: Expensive, don't melt easily
When I first saw these stock pots advertised I really wanted to try them. They are quite expensive so when I saw them on offer with 1/3 off of the price I couldn't resist. Now when I say they are expensive I mean compared to other stock products, obviously a few pounds is not a lot of money but for this type of product it is, to me anyway.
I was very keen to see what they would be like. I like to cook from scratch whenever I can. However I do not have the time and patience to my own stock and normally use a stock cube as these are the best value and taste ok. After using stock for a while I have sometimes found that it can taste a bit too salty, so was hoping that these stock pots would be different.
I have used a whole pack of the beef stock pots and a couple out of a pack of the chicken flavour and have to say I am not at all impressed with them. I tend to use stock cubes a lot for cooking dishes such as stews, casseroles, chilli con carne and to flavour vegetable, just all the usual ones really. I have found that these stock pots are like a very thick jelly and don't dissolve very easily. They take ages and the water has to be actually boiling for them to work. Even then I have to stir them a lot. I also tried just adding them into a dish, that didn't work at all. I ended up with a large lump of jelly, when I served it up.
I have tried all different things but I don't know if it's just me or the product, I just can't get on with them. I have continued to use up the ones I brought but wont be re-purchasing them. I think they are quite overpriced and harder work than stock cubes. I can't compare it to fresh stock because I never buy it. The only thing I will say is that it isn't quite as salty as a stock cube, but it doesn't taste much better either.
Summary: I would rather stick with stock cubes
More reviews in the field of Sauces / Soups
- A Vegetable Soup With Swede...Hoorah!
- Will never buy an alternative again.
- Knorrt tonight, Chicken!
- Pea and Ham soup
- Bargain buy
- Quick easy meal but nothing special
- Super tasty, super quick, super easy Italian dishes
- Sainsbury's Basics Tomato Pasta Sauce
- NO NO UNCLE BEN....not one of your best .
- Fully loaded with tomato and meatballs. New York soup company.
- Loyd Grossman Tomato And Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce
- Zest Tomato And Fiery Chilli Pasta Sauce
- Ragu Traditional Tomato Sauce
- Robert Rothschild Farms Smoky Sweet Chipotle Sauce
- Rolnik Sour Soup
- Knorr Salat Krönung Italian Herbs
- Knorr Salat Krönung Garden Herbs
- Knorr Salat Krönung For Potatoe Salad
- Knorr Salat Krönung Balsamico Herbs
- Knorr Salat Krönung 7 Herbs