Product Type: Loyd Grossman Sauces / Soups
Newest Review: ... one day a while ago I came across the Lloyd Grossman sauces on offer buy one get one free - £1.90 for a 350g jar normally, I paid t... more
Member Name: Lyndzi76
Loyd Grossman Tomato & Chilli Cooking Sauce
Advantages: Great for a quick tea, good price
Disadvantages: Not much chilli
I normally cook my own sauces but for a quick meal I do like using this Loyd Grossman Sauce.
The sauce comes in a clear, glass jar with a red lid. The label holds a photograph of Lloyd Grossman himself with a spoon - giving the impression he is just about to taste the sauce. The label is simple but eye-catching and informative.
As stated on the jar by the man himself - "I like the way the sun ripened tomatoes marry with the fiery red chillies in this sauce."
I would have to agree the sweet taste of the tomatoes is enhanced by the slightly hot chillies. I don't like my food hot at all and the sauce is more tomatoes than hot/spicy
The sauce is has a very appetising look to it. The sauce is thick and dark red, the tomato and garlic smell hits you once the lid is off.
It knocks socks off any other jarred sauces I have tasted and offers a professional taste to it.
The ingredients of the sauce is by no means extensive - are tomato paste, sunflower and olive oil, garlic puree, sugar, salt, parsley and lemon juice. You can easily make this sauce at home cheaper and healthier (leave out the sugar)
A 350g jar retails at £1.80 but can often be found on offer for £1.00.
If you are looking for a quick meal one of my favourites with this sauce is - King Prawns with onions and peppers sliced covered with a jar of this and spaghetti stirred in. Add extra chilli if you like it hot...mmm!!
Summary: One to leep in the cupboard
More reviews in the field of Sauces / Soups
- A chilli that doesn't blow your last brain cell out!
- The best cream of tomato soup about
- A really tasty pasta sauce!
- Nutritious and low fat!
- A bg warm hug in a bowl
- Tesco Value Pasta Sauce 440G
- No cream but a dollop of fat and some tough chicken bits!
- Stir-In and Eat-Up
- It has to be Heinz
- Super tasty, super quick, super easy Italian dishes
- Cooks Original Chinese Curry Concentrate
- MaeSri Tom Ka Curry Soup
- MaeSri Thai Tom Yum Curry Soup
- MaeSri Masaman Curry Soup
- MaeSri Red Curry Soup
- Mautner Markhof Table-Horseradish
- Mautner Markhof Tabasco Mustard
- Mautner Markhof Onion-Mustard
- Mautner Markhof Kremser Mustard XL
- Mautner Markhof Dijon Mustard