Product Type: Ocean Spray Sauces / Soups
Newest Review: ... it. Around the main of the jar there is a label and on that we are told that it is Ocean Spray Cranberry Wholeberry Sauce 'The Uk's origina... more
Christmas ... so soon?!
Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce
Member Name: freud
Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce
Advantages: nice taste & texture (when stirred)
Disadvantages: can be watery/syrupy if you don't mix it up before serving/eating
It's SO cold today here in Cheshire & I've been keeping warm doing loads of sorting/tidying/cleaning in the house & then cooling off by sorting out the fridge! I was really pleased to find a jar of Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce in there & thought it would be nice to pop it in a sandwich with some cold chicken - I miss my Christmas food.
The sauce looks exactly as shown in the Dooyoo picture & the glass jar is of a good quality so I'll be re-using it no doubt to store some herbs in when finished.
The top was a little difficult to undo & I was surprised not to be able to smell any cranberries but it's a lovely deep red colour & initially the texture looked good. I say initially because once I'd taken a spoonful off the top I was disappointed to find that it was rather watery & a bit syrupy - in fact I ended up emptying the lot into a bowl, stirring well & then re-filling the jar.
Saying that though I was pleased with the taste which was a little sweet but the overall flavour was that of the (30%) North American cranberries. The (final) texture was also good - easy to spread & seemingly full of fruit.
Although it states on the jar that there are no added flavourings or preservatives there is glucose, fructose syrup, water & sugar so it's not 100% natural & I actually do prefer my home-made cranberry sauce.
I only needed a tablespoon to transform my (otherwise totally boring) chicken sandwich into something a little more special & because I didn't put butter on the bread I felt this was a healthier way of eating my lunchtime snack.
I'd recommend trying Ocean Spray if you like c/sauce as I've tried a lot worse & in my book 59p for 100g is pretty good value - just be prepared to give it a good mix before eating otherwise you may end up with a very dry mouth (all cranberry) or a very sweet one (from the syrup).
Summary: well wortha try
More reviews in the field of Sauces / Soups
- Dinner Made Easy
- Pasta that you dont have to cook first!
- If you are smart you will buy smartprice curry.
- 17p soup!!
- Take some pride in your meals......delicious.
- Spicy parsnip soup - great for a nippy day
- Cream of tomato soup
- tastes the same to me, if not nicer!
- This must be corn sausage, because all I can taste is veggies! :(
- A delicious thai green curry
- Napolina Tomato And Basil Sauce
- Schwartz Fish Classic Hollandaise Sauce
- Schwartz Classic Roast Onion Gravy
- Schwartz Creamy Mild Peppercorn Sauce
- Schwartz Classic Roast Beef Gravy Mix
- Batchelors Soupfulls Mediterranean Tomato and Vegatable
- Heinz Weight Watchers Country Vegetable Soup 295g
- Weight Watchers Mexican Spicy Bean Soup
- Asda Pasta Sauce - Spicy Tomato
- Weight Watchers Tikka Masala Cooking Sauce