Product Type: Sharwood Sauces / Soups
Newest Review: ... on the side of the jar is for pork thai red curry (suggesting you also add red peppers), but I always use chicken as I prefer it. It i... more
Member Name: kissandmakeup
Sharwood's Thai Red Curry
Advantages: Creamy and tasty, just the right amount of spice
Disadvantages: None, unless you prefer very mild sauces
I am a fan of Sharwood's sauces & this one is no exception. I have tried both the red and the green thai curry sauces, both are fab but this one is my favourite. It is now for some reeason a 'new recipe' but to be honest it tastes the same to me as before!
the recipe on the side of the jar is for pork thai red curry (suggesting you also add red peppers), but I always use chicken as I prefer it. It is really easy to use, just dice & cook your meat, pour this on and simmer for 5 minutes or more, depending on how thin / thick you like the sauce to end up. I always put a splash of water in the jar and swill it round just so none is wasted as it is quite thick & hard to pour all of it out otherwise. Red thai, for anyone who has never tried it is quite spicy and is made with coconut milk, lime, lemongrass & red chilli. This calls itself medium and it is just about as hot as it needs to be for this type of sauce. It is a gorgeous flavour and manages not to do overdo it on the lemongrass like some shop bought thai products.
A 415g jar cost me £1.69 from Morrisons (it is sold in most places however) and how many this will serve very much depends on personal preference. The jar seems to suggest it serves 3 (as it gives calorie information for 1/3 of a jar) but I like quite a lot of sauce & usually share a jar between just the two of us.
Summary: Saucy, spicy and tasty!
More reviews in the field of Sauces / Soups
- Bisto pour over gravy
- M Savers Tomato Soup
- A tasty sauce, but lacking in some flavours.
- Yellow gold!
- Spice Up Your Life...
- A little bit more vinegar-y than the regular stuff.
- Ragu Bolognese Sauce
- Good Weight Watchers Soup.
- THIS REVIEW MAY COST ME MORE IN FUTURE.
- Not a cheese to your broccoli pasta meal!
- Thai Taste Thai Chilli And Holy Basil Stir Fry Sauce
- Olives Et Al Sunshine Olives
- Olives Et Al Sesame Seed Reganas
- Olives Et Al Rosemary And Sea Salt Reganas
- Thai Taste Spicy Thai Barbecue Sauce
- Blue Dragon Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
- Blue Dragon Chow Mein Sauce
- Blue Dragon Hoi Sin & Garlic Sauce
- Blue Dragon Light Soy Sauce
- Blue Dragon Hot Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce