Product Type: Tesco Sauces / Soups
Newest Review: ... going but at the end of the day i am not going to eat the packaging. When i first used this product i purchased it for 31p where as alot... more
Add a magic ingredient and you would never know!
Tesco Value Pasta Sauce
Member Name: SkateyKaty71
Tesco Value Pasta Sauce
Advantages: Quick and easy base sauce
Disadvantages: a little bit bland
I am having a foody day today. I have just finished making meat balls for the family tea tonight and i am using Tesco Value Pasta Sauce which i now use constantly.
The packaging does nothing to get the taste buds going but at the end of the day i am not going to eat the packaging.
When i first used this product i purchased it for 31p where as alot of the 'leading' brands were costing over a pound! On opening the jar my initial thought was that it was going to be very bland and of a runny consistancy. I was very much surprised, yes it was slightly thinner than some of the other brands i had used in the past, but it smelt as the others did.
I poured this into a pan to warm through and had a little taste, to me it was missing a little something, so i added some basil to taste and it quickly tasted no different from the leading brands. I personally prefer to use this as a base to my pasta/ rice meals. If you are adding other ingredients such as chillies or garlic there is absolutely nothing wrong with this sauce, but i would recommend adding at least basil dried or fresh.
I think this is excellent value for money!
Summary: Add a little extra basil or garlic and there is nothing different to leading brands.
More reviews in the field of Sauces / Soups
- Spicy parsnip soup - great for a nippy day
- This must be corn sausage, because all I can taste is veggies! :(
- A delicious thai green curry
- Great for ice cream!!!
- Mamma Mia!
- ~ * Pleasantly Suprised * ~
- You wouldn't know the difference!
- Potato and Leek jelly anyone?
- Jalfrezi that warms us up the cockles in these cooler months!
- Big soup!
- Olives Et Al Smoky Chilli Nuts
- Olives Et Al Sesame Nuts
- Odysea Okra In Tomato Sauce
- Odysea Organic Tomato Perasti Sauce
- Odysea Garlic Stuffed Green Olives
- Dolmio Original Low Fat Bolgnese
- Dolmio Extra Onion And Garlic Bolognese
- Dolmio Tomato Lasagne
- Sacla Butternut Squash And Parmesan Risotto Sauce
- Sacla Wild Mushroom Risotto Sauce