Product Type: Tesco Sauces / Soups
Newest Review: ... which often happens when we've been disappointed with our main meal! I am amazed, considering that Tesco's own non value sauce is spectac... more
Add a magic ingredient and you would never know!
Tesco Value Pasta Sauce
Member Name: SkateyKaty71
Tesco Value Pasta Sauce
Advantages: Quick and easy base sauce
Disadvantages: a little bit bland
I am having a foody day today. I have just finished making meat balls for the family tea tonight and i am using Tesco Value Pasta Sauce which i now use constantly.
The packaging does nothing to get the taste buds going but at the end of the day i am not going to eat the packaging.
When i first used this product i purchased it for 31p where as alot of the 'leading' brands were costing over a pound! On opening the jar my initial thought was that it was going to be very bland and of a runny consistancy. I was very much surprised, yes it was slightly thinner than some of the other brands i had used in the past, but it smelt as the others did.
I poured this into a pan to warm through and had a little taste, to me it was missing a little something, so i added some basil to taste and it quickly tasted no different from the leading brands. I personally prefer to use this as a base to my pasta/ rice meals. If you are adding other ingredients such as chillies or garlic there is absolutely nothing wrong with this sauce, but i would recommend adding at least basil dried or fresh.
I think this is excellent value for money!
Summary: Add a little extra basil or garlic and there is nothing different to leading brands.
More reviews in the field of Sauces / Soups
- ~ * Not Bad At All * ~
- Impressive Supermarket Brand Soup
- You wouldn't know the difference!
- Potato and Leek jelly anyone?
- Jalfrezi that warms us up the cockles in these cooler months!
- Big soup!
- The Best Tomato Soup Around - Perfect on Cold Days - and of course - it HAS to b ...
- Brilliant for 26p if you ask me!
- Love abit of gravy me!
- ~ * Pleasantly Suprised * ~
- The Fine Cheese Co. English Pickled Onions
- Stubbs Sweet Hickory Bourbon BBQ
- Stubbs Pork Marinade
- The Fine Cheese Co. English Pickled Shallots
- Anila's Fruity Mild Concentrated Curry
- Kitchen Garden Foods Org Cranberry Sauce
- Really Rich Brown Sauce
- St Dalfour Strawberry Dessert Sauce
- Orgran Tomato Soup For Cup
- Lima Ginger Thai Shoyu Sauce