Newest Review: ... concerned about meningitis and called an ambulance (luckily it was just a migrane/virus) but the ambulance arrived within 2 mins (as we li... more
Not as useful as you think
Member Name: Ellieczy
Advantages: good advice
Disadvantages: long wait for a call back
I've called NHS direct a few times, both my myself and my boyfriend. I had to wait a long time for a call back and when my boyfriend was ill I actually had to call them again as he got worse, I was then put through quite quickly and they were concerned about meningitis and called an ambulance (luckily it was just a migrane/virus) but the ambulance arrived within 2 mins (as we live next 2 the base haha).
The nurse i spoke to on the phone asked the relevant questions and i qas quite impressed with how they treated him. When I found up about myself i didn't find them helpful at all and their advise was what i was already doing and just had to wait it out!
I've heard missed reviews about NHS direct, mostly positive apart from the long call back time, roughly 2-5hrs which is a long time when you dont feel well and want adivce asap! I know at this time of year is a busy time with everyone having vomiting bugs, coughs, cold, chest infections etc....
I also dont think it is a free phone number its an 0845 number, which I think it should be an 0800 number!
Overall it's good to have the service available but with the waiting time its probably quicker to call the doctor if your unsure what to do, but they can put your mind at ease.
Summary: dont bother calling them in an emergency
More reviews in the field of Other Service
- absolutely horrendous
- PIP Rupture trying to have a replacement
- Avoid- dysmal customer service, unreliable, expensive and quality not that great
- Truprint - offering excellent Christmas photo ideas!
- Great Service, great price and great quality
- It works - if you stick to it
- My experience is they do not care about individuals members. Its all about the M ...
- DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY
- STAY AWAY .... Classic Hardsell Tactics
- Great monitoring system from AMCO - Scares off intruders!