Product Type: Bic Shaving & Grooming
Newest Review: ... handle with a slight angle at the part nearest to the blade end. The name Bic is printed on the pink handle in white writing. There i... more
Bic Lady Single Blade Razors 5 pack
Bic Classic Lady Razor
Member Name: Fat_Kat
Bic Classic Lady Razor
Advantages: It shaves well, and lasts a long time.
Disadvantages: Poor value given they're not much better than the ordinary Bic 1 razor.
I only use disposable razors, and I mainly use the ordinary Bic 1 blade razors (the orange ones, usually in a pack of 10). I went for the Bic Lady ones because they were on special offer. And they really need to be on special offer for me to choose them over the ordinary "men's" Bic razors; there is nothing special about them.
As a razor, they perform well. They last quite a long time for a disposable razor, and give a clean shave without dragging or slicing the skin to pieces. This is what I expect from Bic, so no complaints there at least. But there are four key differences between these and the regular Bic product:
1. The head of the razor is thinner. Perhaps this is meant to be handy for awkward places like the bikini area, but I manage just fine with the ordinary razors. But at least this is a practical and potentially useful difference.
2. The handle is thinner. The ordinary Bic razor handle is more oblong in section, and chunkier. The lady razors have a handle that is almost circular and not much wider than a fat drinking straw. I know that women generally have smaller hands than men, but I don't think that making the handle this thin really has any ergonomic value. I find the ordinary Bic razors easier to use, the handle on these feels too small.
3. They are pink. Why do all products aimed at women have to be pink?? It's bad enough that they make the product smaller in case our dainty little hands can't manage the huge unwieldy razor, but making pink products for the "ladies" just annoys me and is a bit of a turn-off.
4. A pack of 5 ladies razors costs about the same as a pack of 10 ordinary Bic razors. Ok, the smaller razor head might have some practical uses for shaving awkward areas, but I don't think it adds enough value to justify charging twice the price.
I'm giving this product 3 stars because while it performs well for its intended function (it shaves well, accidental cuts are rare, and it lasts a long time for a disposable razor), I don't think that this "ladies" product fulfils any additional need. Just buy yourself the ordinary Bic 1s and save yourself a quid or two.
Summary: Not bad, but give me the trusted Bic 1 any day.
More reviews in the field of Shaving & Grooming
- Beauty on a budget
- Noone likes a stubbly Angel.
- A good razor with in built shaving gel
- No need to get all in a lather.....
- Venus needs to be Divine for that cost!
- Navigate your way to Venus ProSkin on your way to the airport!
- Gillette's Gentle Gel..
- Bic Soleil Lady
- One stop shop
- Smoothly does it ~ Gillette and Olay join forces
- Lacoste Homme Aftershave
- Denim Black & Denim Heat Aftershave Splash
- Yves Saint Laurent Kouros Aftershave
- Paco Rabanne XS Aftershave
- Paco Rabanne One Million Aftershave
- Calvin Klein Obsession For Men Aftershave
- Kenneth Cole RSVP Men Aftershave Lotion
- Lanvin L'Homme Sport Aftershave
- Lacoste Challenge Aftershave
- Lacoste Elegance Aftershave