Product Type: Gillette Shaving & Grooming
Newest Review: ... which provides the sturdy feeling that you don't get with disposables, plus of course it is heavier than disposables but this isn't a ... more
A manly razor!
Gillette Mach3 Razor
Member Name: nodbod1
Gillette Mach3 Razor
Advantages: Sturdy handle, good skin protection strips
I used to buy disposable razor blades like my dad does, but they only last about a week each so I got sick of having to keep changing them. It also felt like I was spending a lot of money as I was forever buying more.
Disposables also give a poor shave, in my opinion. I don't think that they have as sharp a cutting edge as Gillette Mach 3 blades and they don't seem to have the skin-protection strips (although they may have improved in the last 20 years since I made the move to Gillette Mach 3 blades).
The Gillette Mach 3 handle is excellent. Disposables are featherlight and you feel a lack of pressure control. The Mach 3 is more sturdy and the perfect weight for controlling the strokes on your face. It has a rubber grip so that it doesn't slip in wet fingers giving you a nasty cut on the cheek. The handle clips into the blades really easily and getting the blades back out is simple - so, changing blades (which I do about monthly) is a simple matter.
The other good thing about Gillette Mach 3 is that being a men's razor it doesn't attract VAT like women's razors do, so my girlfriend has her own and does her legs with it!
Summary: Get the girlfriend her own!
More reviews in the field of Shaving & Grooming
- Tesco Value Shaving Foam
- Tesco Moisture Rich Berry Shave Gel: A Berry Good Product And Lovely Feel
- Explosion of wild berries
- Very Valentino = very fine perfume
- Have been using it for years and will continue to do so
- A very close shave....
- Takes Shaving to the X-treme?.... Not Quite....
- Takes some of the burn out of shaving
- Never ever again
- Tesco Everyday Value Shaving Foam
- Wilkinson Sword Hydro Silk
- Burberry Beat Aftershave
- Superdrug Mens Aftershave Forest Fresh
- Quorum Aftershave Splash
- Trilogy Smooth Shave Cream
- Vichy Homme Triple Protection Soap Free Shaving Foam
- Ahava Men Foam Free Shaving Cream
- Scaramouche & Fandango Shave Cream with Chronodyn & Guava
- Nix Styptic Pencil Saves Face
- Sainsbury's Basics Shaving Foam