“ / Type: Boots „
* Prices may differ from that shown
Not only with winter just around the corner but also for all this rain we have been having, i thought it best to buy little miss her wellingtons for this year. These were actually being sold in our local market garden centre and so we bought them
The boots themselves are quite a light pink in colour with a darker pink sole and adjustable side strap, so that they can be tied tighter should the need arise.
The soles of the boots are nice and thick and chunky with plenty of grip and a small heel which also means that Little Miss can wear them when horse riding. Complete with the reinforced seams, these really do look like a sturdy pair of wellies- nothing flimsy about these.
The rubber on the boots is quite soft so they don't have that hard wellington boot feel and around the top of the boots, again in a dark pink colour, is a reflective safety band. Inside the boots, I have felt to sole which feels cushioned and Little miss confirms that they feel soft and a bit padded, which is good stuff for children who will be walking about in them for any length of time. The wellies are also lined throughout so they actually feel warmer and so that children don't feel the rubber bit on their legs.
**Additional bits of information...**
* The boots are available in three colours: red (which I think looks like a very dark pink), blue and the pale pink which we bought. Whichever pair of boots you buy, they come complete with a matching drawstring bag at no extra cost which is very handy for storing and carrying the boots.
* The boots are available on the internet on various sites and tend to cost around the £10 mark which for a pair of sturdy wellies isn't too bad- alot of wellingtons we have bought in the past have been cheaper but have certainly not been as good quality.
* They can be bought in children's sizes 11- 3 (31-36)
* Wellington socks can be bought which add extra comfort and look great turned up over the top of the wellingtons, ensuring totally that children don't have the rubber rubbing against their legs.
* The website is wwwtownandco.com
These are really good wellingtons for the price. They are sturdy and comfortable and with the extra bit of rubber on the toes and the reinforced seams, i just feel a lot better when she is outside, that she is not going to stub her toes or something!! She likes the fact that they are comfortable to wear and apparently, they don't feel like "normal" wellies- I assume this is because of the lining, so they feel warm all the way down to the feet
I like the fact that they come complete with a handy draw string plastic bag, which is rather like a traditional gym bag. This means that they are easy to store and at the moment tend to live in my car ready for when they may be needed.
For anyone wanting some good quality wellingtons, i would recommend these.
Thanks for reading.
These boots are available in several shades.