Newest Review: ... and shows all of the latest films. There is an area within the cinema to buy snacks and drinks - as well as a small, very non-atmospheric... more
The Brewery.....not all that.
The Brewery (Cheltenham)
Member Name: kama0529
The Brewery (Cheltenham)
Advantages: Cineworld. Easy food. The Real China. Easy to get to. Parking.
Disadvantages: Chain restaurants - mostly poor.
The Brewery in Cheltenham is a newish area which is basically geared mostly towards entertainment. Its at the end of the lower High Street and, as such, it is easily accessible by either public transport or private transport. There are bus stops within 200 meters of The Brewery and also a NCP carpark (24 hours) and a pay and display car park (2 hours only) within the same distance. I've never had a problem parking here - and its generally very reasonable prices.
Central to The Brewery area is probably the cinema - which is a Cineworld. The Cineworld has 11 screens of varying sizes and shows all of the latest films. There is an area within the cinema to buy snacks and drinks - as well as a small, very non-atmospheric bar area. However, the cinema itself is modern and comfortable and generally has a good variety of films on offer.
Surrounding the cinema are various restaurants - many of which tend to be used pre or post cinema. These restaurants are all chain restaurants and so aren't anything special - but they are safe and familiar and generally popular. However, you don't need to book in any of them as even at busy times you won't need to wait more than 20 minutes or so for a table. The following restaurant options exist:
- Prezzo: Italian. Pizza and pasta. I do like the Prezzo chain on the whole, but I find this restaurant generally has unhelpful staff and service is very slow!
- Frankie & Benny's: American Diner style. Burgers. Steak. Pasta. This restaurant is okay - but its a little lacking in atmosphere. Also every time I go in here they have exactly the same DVD playing....which gets a bit monotonous!
- The Real China: All you can eat chinese buffet. Excellent value. Good variety. Decent food. Drinks are expensive though.
- Apres: Cafeteria style...it reminds me of eating school dinners. Although the food is good and the bar area is generally quite lively.
- Chiquito's: Mexican. Fajhitas. Burrito's. Chilli. Poor food....but I like the atmosphere in here. And the cocktails (especially the Long Island Iced Tea) are very good.
Mango: Indian buffet. Yuk!
There are a couple of ATM's here for convenience - and there is usually no more than 1 or 2 people queuing. On a positive point, the area is well-lit, clean and safe and there are plenty of outside areas for smokers to sit!
I don't think its the entertainment complex they thought it would be. And by 10.30 - 11pm its pretty dead. Overall, The Brewery is really somewhere you go to only if you are going to the cinema - and then you might grab a bite here afterwards, or have a few drinks.
Summary: Only bother going if you are going to the cinema.
More reviews in the field of Shopping National
- Liverpool One: A place where I can proudly say I visit nearly every week!
- Clacton Shopping Village Much Improved
- Depressing.. A Haven for Eastern European 20somethings
- Its not really a mailbox!
- A SHOPPERS DELIGHT - ONE FOR THE GIRLS! SHOPPING HEAVEN!
- Pad - Perfect for kitting out your pad
- Bag Magic, Merry Hill
- There Could be More at Merton
- It's okay but not for the full day.
- A pet store stocked to the roof!