“ Manufacturer: Fellowes / Cut Style: Confetti-Cut / Max Sheet Capacity: 7 / Speed: 12 ft./min. / Throat Size: 9 in. / Shred Size: 0.16 x 1.88 in. / Shredding Operation: Automatic / Integrated Waste: With Integrated Waste / Full Bag Indicator: With Full Bag Indicator / Accepts Staples: Accepts Staples / Height: 38.7 cm / Width: 32.4 cm / Depth: 18.9 cm „
* Prices may differ from that shown
There is nothing more important than security and privacy. Every single hour, minute or even less someone is becoming victim of identity related frauds. It happens because we are not aware what can happen with rubbish after we leave them outside house. One bank statement, utility bill or even shop receipt can be enough to brake into account, apply for credit card or take a loan. This is exactly what thief is looking for. We must be much more careful what we do with our important documents. Here came Fellowes and other brands with home office shredders. Machine like this can cut document into hundreds pieces.
There are two major differences in shredders:
- Cross-cut shredder - this type is much more secure as machine cuts paper along and across creating unrecognisable pieces. Size of these pieces depends from machine but it is usually 4milimeters by 5 centimetres. As smaller pieces shredder can create as more secure it is.
- Stripe shredder - we may all remember this sort of machines from older movies. It cuts paper just along, making it easier to put all document together.
I have decided to buy one as have gathered three full drawers of bills, contracts, bank statements etc. Before I went to shop I did small research.
Question you should ask yourself before buying shredder:
- How often are you going to use it?? This question is important as there are office shredders prepared for very heavy use and home shredders. They are specially designed, shaped and sharpened according to where will be used.
- How big should be bin?? You should think how many times a day, week or month you will use it. I think that it is more effective to have bigger as thanks bigger volume of confetti it is very unlikely to get any information's, or even find two pieces from same page. Probably about 1 to 1 000 000 chances or even more to put document together.
- How big throat width should be?? It is better not to fold paper before putting it into shredder as it can double size of each shredded piece. 23 centimetres should be absolutely enough as this is width of A4 paper.
- What is maximum number of pages you can put at once?? Thanks this you could save your time. This factor is not very important when using at home. Nevertheless, each person can have different needs.
- Does it cut staples and Credit Cards?? It saves time too. There is no need to buy extra staples extractors. Simply shred it and job done. Read your shredders preferences to find if can do it. Most of machines can shred credit cards. It is safest possible you can do after cancellation in bank. Once magnet strip is in pieces there is no way to use it again.
I bought my shredder from Argos for £25 and never looked back. I have chosen middle class device- Fellowes Powershred P70CM . Not to cheap not too expensive with all most important features. It was great decision to get one as my confidence increased. I started to feel safer. It shreds everything you will stick inside into 3.9x48mm pieces.
This section will not be very long. All box content is nicely, neatly and securely packed. Inside you should find instruction how to use this shredder, how to take care about it and warranty. Fellowes took really extra care to make The first impression when opening box. Except of above mentioned you will find 17 litres capacity mesh bin and most important top/shredding part. This device is ready to use after putting together mesh bin with lid and plugging into power socket. It is hustle free what is really important.
Sensor in Powershred P70CM is very sensitive and accurate. It is possible to shred a single tilt receipt. In other shredders it is impossible.
After cutting piece of paper, machine runs for another 2-3 seconds to make sure that all pieces landed in bin.
Mesh bin's capacity is 17 litres (kilos). It is about 150 A4 pages. This is absolutely enough for light and even heavy home use.
At once you can shred maximum 7 pages. It is great result comparing to other products. I have shredded single pages and 7 in one go and it didn't do any problems. Fellowes Powershred P70CM is really strong machine you can rely on.
There are informations how to use it safely in How To Use book included and some warning illustrations printed on top part. To avoid machine running when emptying bin Fellowes installed safety button. It is placed under shredding part and once it touches specially designed place in bin machine can shred.
I have Fellowes Powershred for over 4 months now and it is still as great as was first day. From time to time paper sticks to rotating shredding part but it is nothing serious. I think it depends from how wet paper is. Even if situation like this happens you can switch it to reverse mode. It always helps. Have never happened that shredder got blocked/jammed with paper. It has even some special automatic jam technology:
- Auto Reverse on Jamming
- Auto Stop on Jamming
Fellowes shredder weights about 4, 5 Kg.
It is great cross cut shredder and it is very affordable. By spending £25 from your wallet you can invest in your ID and other personal information's protection. Let's be honest - when comes to safety price shouldn't really matter. I won't mention about stress nerves and money lost related problems and difficulties. It is definitely worth this money.
I can recommend this product to everyone.
I hope my review helped you
Please don't forget to rate and leave comment possibly.